5.1 source selector

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>My set-up is a little complicated but sufffice it to say that my main multi-ch power amo can only support one set of 5.1 inputs. &nbsp;So is the pre-amp. &nbsp;If i purchase a universal player that requires 5.1 connection, I won't have any 5.1 spare inout to connect them to. &nbsp;

Other than buy another preamp with multiple 5.1 input sources, are there passive 5.1 input selector switches out there or is there any other suggestion for selectable 5.1 sources? &nbsp;Thanks.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#736AFF'>This ought to work for you:
www.zektor.com/mas3/index.htm</font>

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Thanks Rob for the site. &nbsp;Nice product design and presentation. But at about $450, it's kinda ovepriced as a passive switch for three sources, don't you think? Especially if I'm no user of hi-end stuff. &nbsp;

I just learned that one option i can go for is getting an OUTLAW ICBM unit. &nbsp;I think is has multiple 5.1 inputs. &nbsp;And I would need one anyway since my set-up doens't have bass management for SACD and DVD-A anyway. &nbsp;What do you think?</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#736AFF'>I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the ICBM only has one set of inputs. &nbsp;The Zektor is pretty cheap for what it does, and it would be nice to have that many inputs. &nbsp;Of course, &quot;expensive&quot; is subjective. &nbsp;I don't know of anything out there that does it any cheaper.</font>

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Will review my options. &nbsp;Thanks Rob.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
av_phile : are there passive 5.1 input selector switches out there or is there any other suggestion for selectable 5.1 sources?
You might try out this link: SwitchBox

The thing looks quite serious, and seems to be well thought out (especially if you have a compatible proc/amp).

Disclaimer: I've never seen it in real life nor do I know about availability...

HTH
rpitz</font>

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Thanks rptiz. Seems like a cheaper option.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis