D

demondred

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a quick question regarding 5.1 analog output on a DVD player to a input on a Receiver. &nbsp;Does the sound quality sound better than using a normal digit coax or fiber connector?</font>

<font color='#000000'>Always go digital if you are able. Chances are that:

a) the receiver has better bass management than the DVD player

b) the digital connection will produce better audio fidelity than your analogue connection/inputs will.

Except for certain odd circumstances, digital connections will always sound better.

To verify this, go ahead and hook it up both ways and then A/B the input on your receiver, play some jazz and/or clean female vocals and listen for details, especially in the upper mid and high frequency ranges.</font>

G

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
demondred : <font color='#000000'>I have a quick question regarding 5.1 analog output on a DVD player to a input on a Receiver.  Does the sound quality sound better than using a normal digit coax or fiber connector?</font>
<font color='#000000'>If you have 5.1 outputs from your DVD/CD player you either have a DVD Audio player or SACD. There is no comparison between the sound quality from 5.1 analog output and digital. 5.1 analog output will change the way you listen to music and knock your socks off.

I have the Toshiba SD9200 and for the first couple of months used an upgraded Optical cable (CineQuest quartz thing) It was terrific. Then I got the Outlaw ICBM bass manager and hooked up the 5.1 outputs, Holy Moly, the music!!!!

Try it, you'll like it.</font>

G

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Guest : <font color='#000000'>If you have 5.1 outputs from your DVD/CD player you either have a DVD Audio player or SACD.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Not really, what about standard DVD players with &nbsp;pre-outs? There are tons of these units out on the market.

In this case, optical would likely be far superior.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I've got a Mitsu DD-8020 dvd player/Denon AVR-2802 and use the digital optical for listening to cd's and sound from dvd's. I also have the 5.1 analog hooked to the ext of the Denon for DVD-Audio (wow!). If your dvd player decodes DVD-Audio, connect both!

Cheers!</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis