5.1 analog connections

U

Unregistered

I am a newbie with audio/video so pls bare with me. Currently I am using a Kenwood KRF-V5020 receiver,a cheap built in decoder DVD player and 5 kenwood speakers 2 left, right, 2 surround and a center. Heard about the wonders of a subwoofer so I bought a infinity powered subwoofer.I am connecting it through 6 cables from the DVD player out to my receiver and a pre out to my subwoofer (LFE) however there is no sound from the subwoofer .
What did I do wrong or is there any connections problem here. I tried connecting from the LFE of subwoofer to my DVD player subwoofer out and there is sound.
PLS HELP ME

U

Unregistered

Have you checked your receiver settings to make sure that subwoofer is set to yes and not no? If it is set to no, there will be no signal sent to the sub from the receiver, regardless if there is a signal from the DVD.

SCJ

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Several question about the set up.

1. What is your source material - i.e. are you playing something with a lot of bass or very little bass?

2. Does the DVD player have a digital audio output?

3. Does the receiver have a digital audio input?

4. Does and DVD player have 6 channel analog audio out?

5. Does the receiver have 6 channel analog audio inputs?

6. Does the receiver have subwoofer preout?

If yes to #2 & #3, are you using that connection?

If yes to #4 & #5, are you using those connections? And do you have the receiver set to multi-channel input?

Are the front speakers set to small or if set to large LFE must be set to both?

If there is no sub pre-out, you need to connect the sub to both the left and right front speaker outs from the receiver, and connect the speakers to the speaker outs on the sub. The sub will do the crossover.

U

Unregistered

1. What is your source material - i.e. are you playing something with a lot of bass or very little bass?
LOTR - 2 towers
2. YES
3. NO
4, 5 , 6 YES
When in 6ch DVD mode, my receiver cant do any changes to the setings, can be done only in the DVD player.
Yes my receiver have a Sub pre out.
I have tried all settings in the player but still no sound from the sub

rvanpruissen

Audiophyte
Sub-out enabled?

Have you checked your DVD-player's settings for the sub-out? I've got the same receiver and had to set the subwoofer setting on the receiver to 'Yes' and the subwoofersetting on the DVD-player's setup.

El Rico

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis