4K Projector Expo & Shootout!

T

Todd Anderson

Audiophyte
Here you go, folks - a chance to compare the top 4K projectors in the industry under controlled conditions, calibrated by special guest and expert calibrator Kris Deering of Deep Dive AV & Sound & Vision Magazine. Additional special guests include Chris Deutsch (JVC),Russell Warnhoff (Kaleidescape),Craig Rounds (CIR Engineering),and Adam Fleckles (regional Sony representative).

April 26-28th, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

In addition, there is a special pre-event party the evening of April 26th - join us for an evening of food, drink and HT geek fellowship at my house. Experience a true reference home theater with the JVC DLA-RS3000 projector, 11 foot wide CinemaScope screen, JBL Synthesis Immersive Sound System plus our speaker shootout winning Revel Salon2!
Snacks & drinks will be provided.

For all the info, go to PROJECTOREXPO.com

projectorexpo.jpg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Should be a great show. But I think most PJ enthusiasts already know the outcome.

The Sony just can’t compete with the JVC’s black levels/contrast.

Just look at the $6,000 JVC NX5 vs. the $10,000 Sony 695ES. Both are native 4K and 1800 lumens. The Native contrast of the $6,000 JVC is 40K:1. The Native contrast of the $10,000 Sony is like 13K:1, maybe 20K:1 at best if you turn the brightness way down.

Plus the JVC NX9/RS3000 is an 8K-eShift/4K-native. The Sony is 4K.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would really hope that the new Epson 5050 and the BenQ HT5550 could be in the mix on this as those are models which people moving up the food chain would love to hear about and see compared directly to what Sony and JVC are putting out.

Do not discount how many people play video games on projectors and how important lag time is and the ability to accept UHD/60 signals. Not sure if Sony is finally on that page as that's been a weakness of theirs in the past.

T

Todd Anderson

Audiophyte
Should be a great show. But I think most PJ enthusiasts already know the outcome.

The Sony just can’t compete with the JVC’s black levels/contrast.

Just look at the $6,000 JVC NX5 vs. the $10,000 Sony 695ES. Both are native 4K and 1800 lumens. The Native contrast of the $6,000 JVC is 40K:1. The Native contrast of the $10,000 Sony is like 13K:1, maybe 20K:1 at best if you turn the brightness way down.

Plus the JVC NX9/RS3000 is an 8K-eShift/4K-native. The Sony is 4K.
Thanks for the reply!! You right, Sony isn't' really competing with the JVC black levels! The opportunity here is to see these projectors side-by-side in a controlled environment so you can really decide what's most important for your needs. Should be interesting!! A formal report will be written by Kris Deering, and I'll make sure to swing back around to post the link.

T

Todd Anderson

Audiophyte
I would really hope that the new Epson 5050 and the BenQ HT5550 could be in the mix on this as those are models which people moving up the food chain would love to hear about and see compared directly to what Sony and JVC are putting out.

Do not discount how many people play video games on projectors and how important lag time is and the ability to accept UHD/60 signals. Not sure if Sony is finally on that page as that's been a weakness of theirs in the past.
Unfortunately, those are not in the mix this time around, but I agree that it would be great to test those along side JVC and Sony.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the reply!! You right, Sony isn't' really competing with the JVC black levels! The opportunity here is to see these projectors side-by-side in a controlled environment so you can really decide what's most important for your needs. Should be interesting!! A formal report will be written by Kris Deering, and I'll make sure to swing back around to post the link.
Can’t wait. :D

There’s usually not too many PJ enthusiasts here since most are AUDIOholics. :D

But the few, the proud, the PJ enthusiasts will love to read about the showdown. :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Can’t wait. :D

There’s usually not too many PJ enthusiasts here since most are AUDIOholics. :D

But the few, the proud, the PJ enthusiasts will love to read about the showdown. :D
I would almost hope it would go hand in hand call me a stuck up audioholic but my visuals need to be as epic as my sound :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis