~$4k Passive Large Bookshelf

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Triad.

Triad is a Portland-based company that hand builds speakers in just about every configuration you can imagine. They will even color match the speakers and grills to match the paint on your walls, or optionally the veneer on your cabinet. In addition to InRoom speakers, Triad has In-Wall and angled InCeiling speakers and subwoofers that work amazingly well for spaces in which you have no floor space, or when you wish to hide the speakers from view. The company has speakers in many different price ranges, starting at $300 per speaker.

While not a household name, Triad is a favorite of custom installers and has won numerous industry awards. The company is also a prototype partner for Dolby, helping to design speaker systems for immersive audio. Most recently, Triad Gold Monitor speakers won Best of Show at the 2019 CEDIA Expo in Denver. How Triad's Are Built:

I would seriously look at the Gold Monitors.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Triad.

Triad is a Portland-based company that hand builds speakers in just about every configuration you can imagine. They will even color match the speakers and grills to match the paint on your walls, or optionally the veneer on your cabinet. In addition to InRoom speakers, Triad has In-Wall and angled InCeiling speakers and subwoofers that work amazingly well for spaces in which you have no floor space, or when you wish to hide the speakers from view. The company has speakers in many different price ranges, starting at $300 per speaker.

While not a household name, Triad is a favorite of custom installers and has won numerous industry awards. The company is also a prototype partner for Dolby, helping to design speaker systems for immersive audio. Most recently, Triad Gold Monitor speakers won Best of Show at the 2019 CEDIA Expo in Denver. How Triad's Are Built:

I would seriously look at the Gold Monitors.
They have representation in New Zealand?

C

concorde

Enthusiast
I am still waiting for my March Sointuva's to be shipped :(
Part of me wishes I'd gone for the 1723 Monitor THX's.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
My first post - but I've been a viewer of the YT channel for a long time.

I've been with the JBL Studio 530's for several years, and they are quite great. I want to upgrade and spend considerably more.

Criteria:
• Bookshelf speakers, but LARGE!
• Passive
• High power handling
• Excellent measurements

My room is about: 13 ft * 15 ft * 11 ft (l*w*h) - maybe considered as a Medium to Large room

Speakers will be complemented with two subs. Bass extension of the speakers therefore doesn't matter.

The two speakers I've found that I'm keen on are:

• Arendal Sound 1723 Monitor THX
• JBL LSR6332

I'm excluding KEF (don't like looks), Perlisten S5m (way too expensive), Revel Gem2 (silly stands required), Philharmonitor BMR (not enough power handling), JBL 708i (too high THD), March Sointuva.

Question: what other top tier speakers are worth considering in this somewhat rare to find form factor?
Question: how might I choose between the 1723 and LSR6332? I slightly prefer look of the 1723 but that's not necessarily the only factor.

Thanks
I think the Bryston Mini T would fit the bill if you end up not keeping the ones you already ordered.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis