42" Magnavox EDTV Anyone?

S

SteveA

Audiophyte
Hi All!

I'm looking for a 37" to 42" plasma panel for our bedroom. Room is kind of tight and such a unit would fit well over the mantle.

I don't want to drop big bucks on this; maybe somewhere in the low $2K range. I've had good luck in the past with Philips / Magnavox video products and saw a 42" EDTV plasma screen branded Magnavox at the local HH Gregg. The problem is, I haven't seen anyone else carry this and have been unable to find much information on it as far as customer satisfaction or reliability goes.

Does anyone here have one of these and / or know enough about it to recommend it or to tell me to run as fast as I can away from it?

Best regards,
Steve

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Steve,

You really are looking at a bargain basement EDTV Plasma display... Which is perfectly fine, but most have very similar look and feel to them. I personally would think about a Best Buy or some other place where you can get a 4 year warranty on the product if you are worried about reliability.

I got a 50" Sampo plasma for just over 3 grand from Best Buy and went ahead and got the warranty since I was concerned about it making it through 4 years. Of course, if it breaks, it will be fixed or replaced - which makes it all worthwhile.

Just my thought though is that most 42" displays look pretty similar at that price and if you have seen a few that you like then go ahead and get one and you will be happy.

M

MastershakeJB

Audiophyte
Just Purchased

I actually just bought this. It's on sale for 1799 at Circuit City right now. There's also a cheaper option there as well. It's a Sylvania Brand and it's 1499 on sale. I'm really happy with this screen so far, but i DID just buy it. The speakers are pretty shabby, but then you should be buying a deddicated sound system anyway to match the quality of your picture, or better... if you're an audio junkie such as myself. I actually use it as my monitor at both 852 X 640 and 1064 X 768 resolutions. Colors are incredibly vivid and intense. You could definitely do a lot worse than getting this gas plasma screen.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis