4 Nieces, Christmas headphones?

T

Trev

Audioholic
Hey guys,

Thinking this year my nieces are all growing up and all four are in high school now. Time for their uncle to understand they're grown ups now and not get them something too Kiddish right?

The Challenge:

Headphones under $50 that are solid quality but are at the same time sharp looking. I think the cans are fine any-which way they are so long as the band is minimalist. ...Looks very bleak to me.

You guys have been rock stars with all the help and input you've advised me with in the past. Hoping you might have something great in mind for this. Price is flexible.

Happy Holidays Audioholics,

Trev

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Sol Republic 1211.

Slightly higher than your budget and sound quality is highly suspect.

BUT, your nieces will appreciate that your gift preserves their "street cred". Also, there are tons of bands and skins for them to customize the phones to their individual taste.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
So, I take it earbuds are out of the question? Virtually any Sennheiser earbud for under $50 on Amazon sounds astonishingly great.

T

Trev

Audioholic
Sorry for the late reply guys. Something crashed for my workplace and we've all been slammed with OT and chaos.

Earbuds are cool, $50 top per was my aim, and in the end I think that Sol Republic gear fits the bill. I haven't had a chance to scope out all the specs. Heck, gotta run again! Thanks & will comment back soon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis