G

Gary S.

Enthusiast
My 2.5 year old 360 Pro quit about 3 weeks ago. No red rings, no error code. I was playing Oblivion and 30 minutes into the game I got some strange colors on the screen. So, I shut it down and waited for about 10 minutes. Turned it back on but all I got was a blue screen. I get a message on the screen that the projector is not receiving a signal. I checked the component cables to make sure they were properly plugged in on both the pj and the 360. Everything is fine in that respect. According to Microsoft I would need to send it in for repair. I declined due to the fact that the warranty has expired and I really don't want to spend $110 for a 1 year extended warranty on a 2.5 year old machine. I been thinking getting an arcade model since they just about seem to be the only ones that you can guarantee gettting the Jasper chipset with. I know it has no hard drive and that brings me to the question. Can I just take the hard drive off the one I have now and put it on the arcade? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I don't alot about this particular type of thing. :confused:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, you can use your hard drive on an acrade model, it will work just fine.

G

Gary S.

Enthusiast
Great. Thanks for the quick response. Now I can save myself $100! :D

UH Matt

UH Matt

Junior Audioholic
your gpu my be acting up and since you are looking to buy a new box anyways look up how to fix th e74 error online and try the fix for that. you might be able to fix it.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I can tell you definitely that you can just slap your existing HD on to an Arcade. That's what I did. I got the 3 rings but didn't want to hassle with sending it in.

Jim

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
You can absolutely do it. In fact, I've done it three times!

Yes, I've owned three Xboxes. I finally just bought a back-up to play while I send my main one in for repairs. Until recently, there was actually a box you check on the repair website for expedited repairs if you've sent in your Xbox 3 or more times!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis