3 systems, one choice

D

dajovin

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Okay, after reading some more I constantly hear this &quot;bright&quot; talk when reading on Axioms, and the &quot;laid back&quot; sound of the Rockets. I should mention the composition of the family room that houses the TV and soon to be HT. The flooring is Pergo laminate on top of concrete. Room has 2 full walls, 1 glass patio door for a wall, and a 1/2 wall leading into kitchen. The TV is set in an entertaiment wall unit. There is a large leather sofa 10' away from the tv. There are framed phots on all the walls, as well as pressboard bookcases on either side of the wall unit. The room is approx 14x13, with 9'0 ceilings. Anyone with comparable scenarios, has this affected the sound of the M60's / VP150 / QS8's? Or the 750/550. 200/ or 300 sounds.
Again I will add a sub later, still tossed up between the SVS and HSU. Need to stay around the 550.00 mark with a sub.
Any thoughts on the setup?
&nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
<font color='#000000'>You need to sit down and audition speakers. One man's percerption of bright sounding maybe another man's definition of detailed. I've heard Axioms and really like their sound. &nbsp;(not crazy about their subs for HT purposes)

From the description of your room, it sounds lively. You can deaden it a bit with area rugs, &nbsp;tapestries, etc or acoustic panels designed specificaly for this purpose. However, &nbsp;I don't think acoustic panels &nbsp;rates high up in the spousal acceptance meter. &nbsp;Good luck</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>3dB;

Agreed. &nbsp;My wife almost flipped when I installed 10 2' by 4' Echobuster sound panels in my living room. &nbsp;&quot;But honey its for the betterment of Audioholics &nbsp;
&quot;</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis