2nd receiver in zone 2

J

Jluzzi2

Audiophyte
Hello audio experts. I need some opinions because I am certainly no expert. I just purchased a pioneer SC-LX704. It is equipped with 3 zones. I would like to a have a zone in a different room that will power a 2.1 system. I still have my 7 year old pioneer SC-71 and was thinking of running a RCA chord from the zone 2 out of my new receiver to my old receiver. I would want to be able to play music via “music server” to main zone and zone 2 together or one at a time.
Would this be a good way to go or purchase a Sonos amp and create my own zone where music could play together through airplay 2?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hello audio experts. I need some opinions because I am certainly no expert. I just purchased a pioneer SC-LX704. It is equipped with 3 zones. I would like to a have a zone in a different room that will power a 2.1 system. I still have my 7 year old pioneer SC-71 and was thinking of running a RCA chord from the zone 2 out of my new receiver to my old receiver. I would want to be able to play music via “music server” to main zone and zone 2 together or one at a time.
Would this be a good way to go or purchase a Sonos amp and create my own zone where music could play together through airplay 2?
As long as zone two can play digital sources via zone two, which I believe you can with the 701 (zone 3 is analog only IIRC).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis