2016 Onkyo A/V Receivers Budget Line Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Think that Onkyo receivers are only for discriminating audiophiles with lots of money to spend? Check out this preview of Onkyo's latest round of impressive AV receivers for the discerning audiophile on a budget. Onkyo recently announced the TX-SR353, TX-NR555, TX-NR656, and TX-NR757 receivers and WOW do they look good for the price.

Check out our preview for the most up to date information on these "Got to have" budget AV receivers.

Read: 2016 Onkyo Atmos A/V Receivers Budget Line Preview

D

Don G.

Junior Audioholic
I know a lot of folks on here don't like Onkyo, but I have always liked their stuff. I own the PRSC5530 pre-amp and love it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Onkyo had some quality issues for a few years. Prior to that they were fine. All manufacturers go through that at times and Onkyo seemed to have a bad run and indicates a manufacturing /QA issue not so much a product issue necessarily. If they fix that problem, then I think opinions of them would certainly change.

D Bone

D Bone

Audioholic Intern
Over/under on how long it takes the HDMI board to eat itself? I'll set it at 16 months...........

S

Sipos88

Audioholic Intern
Hi guys. Did anyone do a measurement on the Rz800 or rz900 to the pre/out voltage by any chance? Onkyo says its 1.2V.. But I was wondering if anyone has a more specific result. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MPD82

Audiophyte
So what is the true ratings on the 757? Anyone know and are these crapping out yet cause Ive read that the firmware update has fixed alot of the bugs with them...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis