legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
I have an Onkyo ht-s5400. I just purchased two tsi400's, a cs10, and a psw10.

Now I was wondering can I install another psw10 if i wanted to? If so i am not sure if my onkyo has another rca connection for a second sub? If it does not how would I go about installing a second one? thx.

Second question is I was checking my setup in the onkyo menu and noticed that my sub is set to 150 mhz or was it klz...one of the two. Someone told me to set it to 120?

In the same menu someone told me to set the two tsi400's to small so the sub can do all the work. When I took them off large there was a part in the menu that said double bass was off...what does that mean? can i get better bass with them set to large and double bass on? thx.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
thx i will change the hz to 80. I ask because i bought one on sale at bb last sunday for $99. so i figured i would buy another?

or just upgrade to psw505? thx.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I originally was going to get that Polk sub myself when I joined this forum, but I was easily persuaded away from it. What Is your budget? Look into a Outlaw, SVS or OSD sub.

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
well since i just bought the other speakers...my budget is now pretty slim....may 150-200

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now I was wondering can I install another psw10 if i wanted to? If so i am not sure if my onkyo has another rca connection for a second sub? If it does not how would I go about installing a second one? thx.
That Onkyo only has one subwoofer output jack, but that's not a problem at all. All you need is an RCA y-splitter, and they are very inexpensive. They come is different shapes, some with wires and some without. This one pictured below is one example.

will it make a sounding difference with two?
Most likely. Some folks aren't impressed by Polk subs, but I have a friend who bought a lower end one (it was also about $100), and I have to admit that it sounded pretty good at his place. The great thing about Best Buy is that you can always take it back if you don't think it's worth it.

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
thx guys for the quick replies. I have some decisions to make.

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
ok. i decided to stick with the psw10 and just bought another one last night. It sounds freaking awesome. But do i need to go into setup and change anything? I already changed the original one to 80hz and the other touch ups you and other forums suggested......do i need to just leave the new one hooked up and it will pick up on the setup or do i need to go into the menu and do something for the new sub.....or easy as plug it in? thx.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, if it sounds awesome...why mess with it? :D

That said, I would rerun Audyssey on the Onkyo to make sure that the sub level (and distance) is reset correctly now that you have two of them.

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
thx guys and adam. i forgot how to even run audyssey.....any idea?

Also the sub from my onkyo 5400 htib i put in the other room with my sony 8500 amp along with some floor speakers it sounds great......my question is this though...the old onkyo sub which is also a 120watt like the new onkyo but is also about 5-7 years old. I want to plug it in in that same room along with the new onkyo sub....in other words i want to subs in that room?

what do you all think? advice? thx.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Apparently this guy has a loose definition of "awesome". :rolleyes:

So not only did he not heed the advice of those on here but went out and bought another of the same crappy subs. Whatever dude, just do whatever you want. Hell why not try sticking the sub on top of the TV? Maybe that will sound even more awesome.

legendary70

legendary70

Audioholic
thx guys.

Damn darien you ok man? I just came to get some advice and professional input. Never said I would do what you told me to do. I thank everyone else who came here and helped out.;)

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No, you are correct that you don't have to take advice given, even if it was good advice.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Someone asked advice, considered that advice along with their own thoughts, added in their personal constraints, and then proceeded to buy something and be happy with it. Seems like a win in my book.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis