xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
i have found a great deal on 2 kinds of Infinity tower speakers but im at a loss as to which to buy,but im def getting one of them,so the one pair are the Infinity Kappa 8.1 towers,and the other are the Infinity Crescendo CS-3008 towers,they both are excellent speakers but which is better hmm,i would think the kappas would be better but idk,they are pretty similar,i would link them but i dont want anyone to buy from under me lol!

Also will i be ok to use an integra 40.3 on them? 110wpc i beleive

Last edited:
xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
yeah i think it was a good call also lol,and neither of them have any blemishes,even the cloth covers are in perfect condition so idk if they even used these speakers,or they were placed and forgot lol like most furniture is,but im leaninf towards the kappa's for sure since they have that wierd dome thing looks a bit like a tit,or breast is thats too vulgar lol.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I have very fond memories of the Kappa 8.1 (midrange boob not withstanding) and that is the one I would go for!

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
can you attest to the sound of them? im aware of the kappa lines tweeter cuz i have used many in car audio setups but never used or heard any of there home equipment.im love good mids crisp highs and nice lows,im hoping it can give all those in ample amounts

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
i also found a good deal on a pair of paradigm towers but i never heard of them before but they seem to be pretty high end.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
From what I've read, the Crescendos were more or less "budget Kappa's" made exclusively for Circuit City to meet a price point. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the drivers are identical besides the midrange. The Kappa also has a better built cabinet.

Paradigm's have always been highly rated too. What model are they?

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
the paradigms are the monitor 9's version 7,they have a great price on them im almost tempted in getting them anyways.hmm circuit city speakers arent exactly what im looking for lol,so if thats the case i may have to look further.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
the paradigms are the monitor 9's version 7,they have a great price on them im almost tempted in getting them anyways.hmm circuit city speakers arent exactly what im looking for lol,so if thats the case i may have to look further.
Heh, I wouldn't write off the Crescendo that quick. You should read up on those... They're not "Circuit City" speakers in the same vein as say "Radio Shack" speakers.

Kappas are really great speakers. My two biggest regrets from the 1990's, gear-wise, is selling my Infinity Kappa 9's and JBL L7's.

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
hmm if i can find anything on them ill check it out,so far i have come up empty on even a review of them.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I have the Crescendo CS-3006 bookshelf speakers, and enjoyed the hell out of them for the better part of ten years. When I replaced them with my current speakers I couldn't bring myself to sell 'em. Still sitting in my garage, LOL. Whatever you choose, good luck with them, but that Infinity Crescendo line is a fine speaker. Bookshelf or tower.

xreaperx22

xreaperx22

Junior Audioholic
yeah if i do get the infinity's ill most likely get the kappa ones tho i heard the kappa 9's were amp killers but the 8's were not so i should be good there,i think ill jump on these paradigms also just to have them.400 for a pair of those in mint condition is a steal in my book lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis