10" sub; picking from 3

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
ducker said:
will any type of RCA plug work for this sub?
ex. is there anything really different between the three plugs in a Video,R+L RCA cable?
any RCA style plug that's made for "just a sub" seems to be at a higher price.

Since I'm going from Receiver, to wall plate, through basement, back up to wall plate, to sub, I want a few short streaches (two 3' runs) of RCA cable, and one longer appox 20' run. If any RCA will do the job... I'll just pick up something along the lines of a 25' "Stereo RCA cable" and only use one side.

There is no difference between an standard RCA type audio patch cable and a "Sub" cable. Manufacturers simply write Sub Cable on the packaging and charge more. It's a ripoff. Like you mentioned, you can use a standard audio cable with two lines and just use one. However, you can buy single run patch cables that are generally pretty cheap.

Shinerman

W

warpdrive

Full Audioholic
Sub cables are the same as single coax RCA cables.

The *only* difference is that they usually come in longer lengths. I bought a sub cable because I needed 25 foot length.

Don't go *too* cheap on the cable though....get one with a good quality connector. Some of the cheaper ones fall right off when you move the component...and you don't want the connector shaking loose off the sub in the middle of your movie :)

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
warpdrive said:
Don't go *too* cheap on the cable though....get one with a good quality connector. Some of the cheaper ones fall right off when you move the component...and you don't want the connector shaking loose off the sub in the middle of your movie :)
Is it wrong that the thought of that really gets me excited??!?!? :eek:

The thought of something rumbling/booming/thumping so strongly that a plug could fall out... wooo.
:cool:

Amazing the limited single RCA patch cables avaiable at Parts Express... there is like 1 extension type of RCA plug... and then there are all the dual plugs that run a max of 12'. I suppose I could use those really cheapo plugs for in the basement and tape the connectors together so they won't accidently fall out.

I'd rather just a 25' single run of RCA cable. for under $10.
this might work:
PHOENIX GOLD ARx.360 20' RCA PATCH CABLE

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis