10 or 12 year old router

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
get the fiber you lucky sob
Well when they let us sign up LOL, we are waiting. They say it helps with downloads and upload speeds and of course and hopefully limit any lightning interference that comes in via the cable ( of course nothing can stop a direct hit). Maybe it helps with noise as well, not really sure. its now finally buried and out of the air about 6 miles into town across the intra-coastal via some piping/cabling to their office.

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Well when they let us sign up LOL, we are waiting. They say it helps with downloads and upload speeds and of course and hopefully limit any lightning interference that comes in via the cable ( of course nothing can stop a direct hit). Maybe it helps with noise as well, not really sure. its now finally buried and out of the air about 6 miles into town across the intra-coastal via some piping/cabling to their office.
The biggest change is the upload speed you can get with a fiber connection, and the upload speed can be very poor indeed on cable.

E

eagleray

Enthusiast
We have Rectum, it was crap when we first moved in 10 years ago, ( before then it was Brighthouse ( same people) now out of nowhere they in my area seemed to have some conscious on service. I cut their cable services and went to Hululive and my modem speed was around 100 mbps, now their basic in my area at no charge is 300mbps. We changed and went to 500mbps using their ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 and my TP-Link Archer AX11000 router. About a month ago AT&T & Spectrum ( odd combo) using a contract cable firm were installing fiber facilities underground up and down the highway and to shared fiber individual pedestals to all the homes and once competed, a homeowner can connect to the cable company of their choice. I will go with Spectrum since AT&T service is the pits here brawadis net worth. Once its offered, they will install a terminal enclosure and a ONT and then to my router. So far no prices on the service.
also thank you for your suggestion

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis