1 watt\1 meter "The Evictor" reborn

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
Here is a link to pictures of my new setup. As you can see the
thought behind the 1w\1m title is the maggies are about 1 meter away and in all actuality it's more like 250w\1meter. I included pics of my remote a Sony RM-AV2500. And I also included a pic of one of my Super Nintendo USB controllers. There's nothing better than SNES on 65". Happy Listening.:)
Greg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v674/gregmacknass/

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Dang man, you needa clean your room.

Paul

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
"Now that would replace the stock (pos) HDMI cable that came with my toshiba dvd player quite nicely. Please, please, can I have it, I'll clean my room I swear."

My room would have been clean if our friends here at audioholics gave me that HDMI cable. LOL

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
Other than that, how your hearing?? You'll soon go deaf in that small room. But you got some NIIIIIICE equipt.

Paul

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
WHAT? LOL My hearing is still pretty good, although it is not what it use to be. I think that the years of excessively loud car systems, and live rock music have slightly dulled my hearing. Anymore I am a lot more aware of hearing damage so I try to keep the volume to a sensible level. When I was younger I thought that louder was better, but as I have become older I have realized that louder takes the back seat to clarity. That said there is nothing like turning the knob all the way to the right and seeing what she'll do. Thanks for the
comment on my gear. I put this system together for $5000 including the tv. I feel that it's pretty good for a budget system. Happy Listening.:)
Greg

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
That's DAMN good for a "budget" system. How in the world did you get all that for only $5k??

Paul

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
I got all of my gear used that was how I managed it.

Toshiba 65H84 I purchased from best buy open box item for $2000 w/4 year warranty

Toshiba SD-5970 I purchased from best buy for $150 (The only new piece in my system)

Carver AL-III's I purchased from my local high end retailer Ovation for $400

The Magnepan MGIIIa's and the MGIc's I purchased from a person off of Audiogon for $900 (both pairs)

Velodyne CHT-8 I purchased for $80 from a local pawn shop

JBL PB12 I purchased from a local pawn shop for $150

Yamaha RX-V620 I purchased from a local pawn shop for $200

Crest Audio Vs450 I purchased from a local pawn shop for $300

Carver Pxm 450 I purchased from the local music store for $450

I made all of my own cables so I saved a ton in that respect also.

I do believe that if my math skills are correct the total cost was $4630 which after wires,interconnects and odd and end stuff it was arround $5k.

You can put together a system as good as mine for the same price, all you have to do is look hard enough and be patient enough. If anyone would like me to help put together a system I would be happy to help (no matter the
budget)
Happy Listening.:)
Greg

H

hillbill

Audioholic
Francious70 said:
That's DAMN good for a "budget" system. How in the world did you get all that for only $5k??
Out the back of a white, unmarked van??? :D ;)

Seriously though, nice system.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
soniceuphoria said:
I do believe that if my math skills are correct the total cost was $4630 which after wires,interconnects and odd and end stuff it was arround $5k.

You should've bought MONSTER Cable. Then yolu could have said "My System is worth $150K"

:D

Wise man once say:
"It's not that I don't like Monster Cable, I HATE Monster Cable."

Paul

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
LOL I don't have any room for monsters in my house.

e30cabrio

e30cabrio

Enthusiast
Nice system amazing price. I am really glad I am not your neighbor!

I am guessing by the room conditions you are single? I am 43 today and I was thinking back fondly (after seeing your apartment) to my 20's when I had a 20k system and no real furniture! my mattress was on the floor, the coffee table was a wooden wire spool the system rack was cinder blocks & unfinished pine. But I had sound!!!! (full top of the line 80's Luxman & JBL system hell the cd player was 4k)

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
Yes, I am 21 and single. As you can tell by the lack of furniture I have my priorities straight.
My priorities
1. My stereo/ Music/ Audioholics
2. Job (to support audio addiction)
3. Food and drink (pizza & beer)
4. My cars (working on them)

I almost forgot to mention that I just purchased a new amp for my system. It is a Yamaha P2201. I got it from Ebay for under $200 including shipping. Now I will have an amp for every channel. :):):):)
Happy Listening.:)
Greg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis