0-180 phase shift concerning a sub

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
.....all that is accomplished by moving the control knob away from 0, is the sub losing authority....comments?.....if anyone says moving the control toward 180 makes their sub smooooooth, I may throw up....what?....too highly opinionated?....KNOW WEIGH!!!....let's hear it......

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Craigsub had a great response to this question maybe two weeks ago. I couldn't find it but maybe somebody else can. He roughly said to setup your SPL meter and find the stop that provides the highest volume and leave it there. Mine works best in the 0 position but doesn't make a huge difference either way. I'll be readdressing this question this weekend as I receive my PB12-ISD tomorrow. :D :D :D

Edit: I think this is it:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11542

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Even without a SPL meter, if one position clearly produces less bass, then leave it on the one that sounds best, which is probably the other one, "0" as it were.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
j_garcia said:
Even without a SPL meter, if one position clearly produces less bass, then leave it on the one that sounds best, which is probably the other one, "0" as it were.
.....YOU'RE HIRED!!!......

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
Duffinator said:
... I'll be readdressing this question this weekend as I receive my PB12-ISD tomorrow.
Hope you will post your reaction after placing the sub and calibrating the system.

Duffinator

Duffinator

mfabien said:
Hope you will post your reaction after placing the sub and calibrating the system.
Oh I will. Both Buckeyefan1 and MacManNM are visiting the SVS factory today. I'll add my comments to their thread as this is one of the subs they were going to check out. I was going to wait to purchase my sub until after they got back but a black PB12-ISD showed up on the B stock page so I jumped at it. Just in case you haven't read any of my posts before I'm a big fan of B stock items. Buck should have some comments on the SVS B stock page as well.

I'm taking my existing 12 year old Mirage 12-90 along with the SVS to my friends house tomorrow to let him check it out before setting up the SVS in my HT. He has a HK 7200, an Infocus 7200 with a 120" screen, Niles in -wall HD speakers behind the screen, and a cheap sub,and needs more bass to match that big screen. So I may not have mine calibrated until Sunday sometime.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Duffinator said:
Both Buckeyefan1 and MacManNM are visiting the SVS factory today.
.....I believe we're all waiting for an Ohio report from Buck and Mac, Duffinator....anybody for checkers?....Privateer, how they hangin', Buddy?.....

Duffinator

Duffinator

mulester7 said:
.....I believe we're all waiting for an Ohio report from Buck and Mac, Duffinator....anybody for checkers?....Privateer, how they hangin', Buddy?.....
No time for checkers today, UPS just delivered my sub. :D

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Duffinator said:
No time for checkers today, UPS just delivered my sub. :D
.....wish I was there to help carry the thing, Duffinator....SVS boxes are very heavy, and that's good, once located, haha....nothing like a new piece of audio equipment showing up....may the tweaking begin....I'll remember long the day my mains and two Crown amps showed on the same truck....I peed down my leg into one of my Dr Scholl's tennies from Wal-Mart, haha....yeah, one was yellow, one was white....maybe not.......

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis