Are These Finds Good Deals?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Thinking about grabbing these. I surely don’t need them but. Looks like a nice set to pass off to a friend in the future. The owner claims the have no issues in performance and look really nice in the pics.
That is a good deal

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I’m planning to this weekend. Gonna try and get them for $100..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I do not know ... but I have some Gefen bookshelf speakers coming ... but I did not pay $650 for them ... while small, these seem to be a mystery that could really sound good
Well the Gefen speakers are here, but they are cold from being on the truck and having been in cold climates ... I need to being them up to room temperature. And they were double boxed by the manufacturer .... They seem to be well built for their size and pass the door-knock test, and the front baffle tilts upward ... the small woofer has a fat surround and is held in with 6 screws and the tweeter has what I call a semi horn waveguide and the tweeter has a inner ring around the dome ... the paint on the cabinet is well done and looks nice.

A small slide show

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Well the Gefen speakers are here, but they are cold from being on the truck and having been in cold climates ... I need to being them up to room temperature. And they were double boxed by the manufacturer .... They seem to be well built for their size and pass the door-knock test, and the front baffle tilts upward ... the small woofer has a fat surround and is held in with 6 screws and the tweeter has what I call a semi horn waveguide and the tweeter has a inner ring around the dome ... the paint on the cabinet is well done and looks nice.

A small slide show
Nice speakers! If they sound as good as they look, you should have a lot of enjoyment. :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They seem to be well built for their size and pass the door-knock test, and the front baffle tilts upward ... the small woofer has a fat surround and is held in with 6 screws and the tweeter has what I call a semi horn waveguide and the tweeter has a inner ring around the dome ... the paint on the cabinet is well done and looks nice.
The cabinet is 1/2 inch thick and even painted on the inside, and heavily stuffed with gray fiberglass ... I also noticed what looks to be like black dampening sheets on the side walls .... the crossover looks to have 2 coils, 2 caps with 1 being poly and 4 resistors.
I am still checking out the sound and it for sure is not entry level

1607052625713.png

1607052687424.png

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The cabinet is 1/2 inch thick and even painted on the inside, and heavily stuffed with gray fiberglass ... I also noticed what looks to be like black dampening sheets on the side walls .... the crossover looks to have 2 coils, 2 caps with 1 being poly and 4 resistors.
I am still checking out the sound and it for sure is not entry level

View attachment 42311
View attachment 42312
How much were they Z? Looks really well made. Like to see how they compare to the DCM 160.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
How much were they Z? Looks really well made. Like to see how they compare to the DCM 160.
They use to list for $399 a pair and $999 for a 5.0 set ... I paid around $88 delivered new in the box from an Ebay seller ... Still testing them and they radiate different with that upward slanted baffle, but I seem to like them better than the DCM TP160

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They use to list for $399 a pair and $999 for a 5.0 set ... I paid around $88 delivered new in the box from an Ebay seller ... Still testing them and they radiate different with that upward slanted baffle, but I seem to like them better than the DCM TP160
Well after further testing they have some problems ... the timing or phase is a little off ... they tend to lack some in the upper bass ... the tone is a little less than natural ... and the frequency range is a little bumpy. ... They are built good but the crossover needs work. ... however, I am glad that I had an opportunity to check them out for the price

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So... I just stumbled across this here RBH RS1010i for $200! It's making my audiophile senses tingle! Is this as good a deal as I suspect it is??

00w0w_gGIHYQOAO8nz_0gk0t2_1200x900.jpg

00606_g39JSx8AKlez_0gm0t2_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_Ziadiq8gOFz_0g70t2_1200x900.jpg

Hmm... I see this is an older discontinued model. I was thinking of the 1212. Still, it's RBH or Emptek? It looks pretty cool tho, and I have a semi near field spot I can put a third sub...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's the old Emp Tek line RBH did, probably basis of 1212.....seem to remember it was decent....you putting another system together? Good to see you're still around.....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's the old Emp Tek line RBH did, probably basis of 1212.....seem to remember it was decent....you putting another system together? Good to see you're still around.....
HD! Hi! Thanks man.

No, not putting another system together. Just thought I found more than I did with that sub. I got all excited looking at the images and posted here before I really dug in. Still, looks pretty decent for 200 bucks. Sounds like it's not quite spectacular for 200 tho...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
As I recall, that is a decent sub. It's a very good deal for $200, but I wouldn't try to integrate it in with your VTF-3 mk5s, it would be out of its element there. Maye it would work for some near-field punch with some VTF-3s.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I remember it getting lots of praise here that sub. There was a big sale and they were scooped up fast.
Got this today for no reason. Well it's heavy and seems to be well made, so it I thought I'd take a chance + it was crazy cheap. I think the logo was implemented nicely too. Can't find any info on it.
I'll try it out and let ya know if it's any good. I also got some 12x12 frames. Guess for what? :p
IMG_23012021_202010_(2000_x_1365_pixel).jpg
IMG_23012021_201927_(2000_x_1500_pixel).jpg
IMG_23012021_201936_(2000_x_1369_pixel).jpg

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just thought I found more than I did with that sub.
I have something similar in a RBH SEN1010 or something. It's similar to that except no amp.

Long story short: killer sub for 200 bucks IMO. Don't let the small amp fool you. Putting the drivers in a shared cab like that gets you like 6db sensitivity. At first I thought, "where are the ports?" but the AH review showed them. I haven't gotten to the MSRP yet. Stay tuned.

EDIT: What are you use to getting for 200 bucks?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have something similar in a RBH SEN1010 or something. It's similar to that except no amp.

Long story short: killer sub for 200 bucks IMO. Don't let the small amp fool you. Putting the drivers in a shared cab like that gets you like 6db sensitivity. At first I thought, "where are the ports?" but the AH review showed them. I haven't gotten to the MSRP yet. Stay tuned.

EDIT: What are you use to getting for 200 bucks?
Hey, I'm not saying I don't think it's a good deal. At first look I thought it was their newer S-1212 series, which would be a truly spectacular deal. I'd have jumped on one of those immediately for 200. As it is, it's still a pretty nice sub for the price. You found MSRP yet?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Keeping with the RBH theme I found these too. 61-SE books also for $200. Another nice deal for speakers I don't need!

00t0t_kFEccXhYX2X_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You found MSRP yet?
In the comments I saw $599 with sale pricing at $499 if I understood the bickering correctly.

I tried to get an alignment for my 1010 SEN in order to split up the drivers and had it explained that it was already in it's best design. In the review, your sub was mentioned as a candidate for longer ports and a bigger cab.

Good thing that's not near me. I told my girl the other day while gathering up cables to hook up System 3 that I was ready to admit that I had a problem. The volume of accumulated wire is freaky. When it started ... I only played with my wire on weekends.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis