Cheapest sub riser ideas ?! Creative solution Diy ? Help

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I cannot afford aurlex , thought maybe old running shoe cushion with a board or something plastic ? To cardboard on top of it ?
In my bedroom I used extra carpet squares and a diy wooden riser . With cardboard bricks

Google search fail ,,,,,,
https://uploads.tapatalk-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Old car, boat, or motorcycle tire (depending on size) with a piece of plywood on top?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd use a bunch of empty beer cans for a base and chunk of plywood. Or possibly some old paint cans (I think I have a couple half full ones in the garage), maybe some empty 5 gal buckets? A couple of those should do the trick.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Old car, boat, or motorcycle tire (depending on size) with a piece of plywood on top?
A tire ? I’m looking for something practical that won’t take up more space then the subwoofer itself ..

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just curious. Why are you interested in a riser?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Just use a sheet of polyethelyne foam. Its the soft stuff they use to ship valuables in. A sheet of that will damp any movement a subwoofer could make.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Clearer bass less rattling of the floor . Insolation pad essentially .
Suggestions don’t have to be free just I cannot afford anything expensive like the isolated pad aurolex.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Clearer bass less rattling of the floor . Insolation pad essentially .
Suggestions don’t have to be free just I cannot afford anything expensive like the isolated pad aurolex.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't call it a riser but rather a pad to isolate it (a riser is more a device to raise the sub up to a particular height or act as a platform for seating or even to enhance or deaden sound depending how you do it). Auralex isn't magic (but their sub things are over-priced IMO), it's just some foam and particle board IIRC. Folded up towel, packing foam, all sorts of stuff in your house that can do that. Forget about the "clearer bass" thing IMO, altho it may reduce vibration between sub/floor if needed. Might just attach some good rubber cabinet feet to the sub instead if you wanted to spend a little money on it, this is what I put under my diy subs.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Get that pad I sent a link to, it's $10 shipped. My heavy Snell sub had spiked feet that I removed to not trash my wood floor, and this pad made a perfect riser with plenty of room to get your hands under the sub if it needs to get moved.

Or, If you need even cheaper, get one of those foam squares you see people locking together for gym floors and such.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Home Depot sells 2’x2’x1” foam. $7 each so I purchased 3. (Canadian prices)

I added one 2’x3’ rug to wrap around the foam. I think it was $10 for the rug.

So my sub measures
h-19.5” w-19.5” d-22”

I had rattles from the floor that made the sub locatable. With my isolation platform the sub is no longer rattling the floor at its location.

The rattles work particularly annoying during music listening. I did notice the bass became slightly smoother with my mains when the sub was elevated 3” but that is my experience. I wasn’t expecting that sort of benefit.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Here you go, take your pick. And I don't think there is another place where you can get them cheaper. I buy a lot of supplies from these guys. Great company and super fast shipping. Always get my stuff in 2 days.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Here you go, take your pick. And I don't think there is another place where you can get them cheaper. I buy a lot of supplies from these guys. Great company and super fast shipping. Always get my stuff in 2 days.
Wow spectacular!! Those look perfect.
They make multiple sizes if imagine.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Wow spectacular!! Those look perfect.
They make multiple sizes if imagine.

Yes, multiple sizes and types. If you buy them in quantity there even cheaper. Many people use them and there is no place cheaper. I keep a couple dozen or so spares in case any body needs them in a pinch. I use them on subs and all my audio gear. Hell, I even using them under my laptop, lets it breathe better, keeps the fan from kicking on high. Ok, hope you found the ones that will work out for you.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, multiple sizes and types. If you buy them in quantity there even cheaper. Many people use them and there is no place cheaper. I keep a couple dozen or so spares in case any body needs them in a pinch. I use them on subs and all my audio gear. Hell, I even using them under my laptop, lets it breathe better, keeps the fan from kicking on high. Ok, hope you found the ones that will work out for you.
Those are super cheap and look like they'd do the job very well. Good find.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
I think they do a great job myself. I been using them for years. In my opinion the ones that are specifically sold for audiophiles on some sites and at some companies are just ridiculous priced. I personally prefer the ones with the rubber and cork . I can see why some may not like the squares, but that's easily remedied with a simple hole saw drill bit.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Find then in any hardware which is cheapest ? Ca Man U use styrofoam or something too for the vibrations
? bug rations ?

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Find then in any hardware which is cheapest ? Ca Man U use styrofoam or something too for the vibrations
? bug rations ?

Tesla spoken to them
I wouldn't use Styrofoam. And I don't think you will find any isolation pads any cheaper than the ones I showed you on the previous post. Plus you can get what ever size fits your particular needs.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I wouldn't use Styrofoam. And I don't think you will find any isolation pads any cheaper than the ones I showed you on the previous post. Plus you can get what ever size fits your particular needs.
What do you use u glue pads to a board or something , or do you actually drill them into the sub box ? Don’t want to weaken the box what’s something external to put the peg legs on ?
I meant what places sell the pads or just any hardware store ?

Tesla spoken to them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis