Rockford Fosgate TRF2215

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a chance to get my hands on a pair of these for $200. I'm sort of on the hook to buy them as the guy already put 'em in his car to hand them off to me. I probably should have posted this first ... yeah, definitely. One is in a box for use in a car and the other is just the driver.

Oh, the subs I'm getting are some sort of proto type that RF says is similar to the TRF2215. I've got a DAT or WT3 or whatever to get real numbers for modelling. Like I don't have enough going on but this is what I seem to like so ... let's dance. :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have a chance to get my hands on a pair of these for $200. I'm sort of on the hook to buy them as the guy already put 'em in his car to hand them off to me. I probably should have posted this first ... yeah, definitely. One is in a box for use in a car and the other is just the driver.

Oh, the subs I'm getting are some sort of proto type that RF says is similar to the TRF2215. I've got a DAT or WT3 or whatever to get real numbers for modelling. Like I don't have enough going on but this is what I seem to like so ... let's dance. :)
Worst case, slap them in your car!

I have never been disappointed by RF! Of course, all my experience was in automotive applications.

annunaki

annunaki

Rockford has nothing on their site about this woofer one their archive. Are you positive on the model number?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Are you positive on the model number?
the subs I'm getting are some sort of proto type that RF says is similar to the TRF2215
I'm reasonably sure I saw an email from RF saying to power those subs with a 2000 watts RMS/ 4000 peak amp and they were the ones who provided the model number. I have yet to see the drivers themselves.

... but no, I can't say I'm positive. I would have to look at the owner's email to RF more closely and seeing the drivers wouldn't hurt my cause. That's step #1 I guess and then the T/S parameters.

annunaki

annunaki

I'm reasonably sure I saw an email from RF saying to power those subs with a 2000 watts RMS/ 4000 peak amp and they were the ones who provided the model number. I have yet to see the drivers themselves.

... but no, I can't say I'm positive. I would have to look at the owner's email to RF more closely and seeing the drivers wouldn't hurt my cause. That's step #1 I guess and then the T/S parameters.
I missed the “similar to”. Should be interesting once you get the T/S parameters. Hopefully it is not a one note wonder for SPL.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like the serial numbers?
Must be.

Here's the amp that came with it.

This is gonna take awhile. If I wasn't too busy to 'speaker', I wouldn't have the extra money to 'speaker'. I guess if I made more money, I could pay somebody to 'speaker' for me.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
A buddy of mine is looking for a sub for his truck. It's a '99 Dodge Ram. He has about $250 to spend on a 10 or 12" woofer and amp and it needs to fit under the seat or behind it. I'm pretty far removed from car audio lately so I'm not much help. I almost made a thread to ask about it. You guys have any suggestions of the top of your heads?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis