highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Actually, a recent test drive in a car with "active lane keeping assist" gave me a small taste of what the 737 MAX pilots felt with MCAS. The active steering assist literally takes control of steering wheel from you, and it can be quite surprising. And this was in a test drive where I was purposely trying to get the assist to activate so I could feel what it was like. And it was merely a side-to-side steering motion, not in a plane where the software makes the plane's nose dive and it is non-obvious how to stop it. Personally, based on my experience, I won't own a car where an active steering assist can't be disengaged. I think if it engages and you're not ready for it and practiced in its operation these features are dangerous. This isn't like antilock brakes; this is you're not control of the vehicle. Screw that.
I don't like ABS much- with washboard roads or on snow/ice, just try to stop behind someone else when they jam on their brakes or cut ahead. I don't tailgate, which is perfect for someone to think the gap means "Go ahead and slide in there when I'm two car lengths from stopping for a traffic light and you cut the distance in half by getting in the way, you F-stick!".

highfigh

highfigh

we would need a lot less government if people were competent lol.
We'd need, and have, less people if people were competent. Maybe, the Rhythm Method would actually work.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We'd need, and have, less people if people were competent. Maybe, the Rhythm Method would actually work.
People are competent to an extent, but when dealing those with bullshit and greedy agendas it's hard. Let's just start killing off all those that get in the way of the white europeans! Yeah! truck everyone else. Genocide is an easy fix! Let's go for Fucker Carlson in 2020!

highfigh

highfigh

People are competent to an extent, but when dealing those with bullshit and greedy agendas it's hard. Let's just start killing off all those that get in the way of the white europeans! Yeah! truck everyone else. Genocide is an easy fix! Let's go for Fucker Carlson in 2020!
And your side doesn't have an agenda? Get a grip.

Can you not go political in your comments? There was nothing remotely political in my post.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And your side doesn't have an agenda? Get a grip.

Can you not go political in your comments? There was nothing remotely political in my post.
Like you don't go political constantly. Like telling me I am on a "side"...LOL.

highfigh

highfigh

Like you don't go political constantly. Like telling me I am on a "side"...LOL.
I only responded to your comment and if you're going to tell me that you aren't on the liberal side of the fence, I give up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I only responded to your comment and if you're going to tell me that you aren't on the liberal side of the fence, I give up.
It's not a "side" where all of my opinions lie....too limited. Hopefully you're not totally mired on the "conservative" side of the fence either. It's not a team sport.....

highfigh

highfigh

It's not a "side" where all of my opinions lie....too limited. Hopefully you're not totally mired on the "conservative" side of the fence either. It's not a team sport.....
I'm not- picking sides is far from what this country needs but I think we can all agree that we're not headed in a good direction. The cause of our misguided direction is where we differ.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not- picking sides is far from what this country needs but I think we can all agree that we're not headed in a good direction. The cause of our misguided direction is where we differ.
Yes, the direction from the republican side last few years has been absolutely horrible. Makes even the democrats look good.

highfigh

highfigh

Yes, the direction from the republican side last few years has been absolutely horrible. Makes even the democrats look good.
It was good to see that you waited until Irv actually created this thread before making it about politics. Well done.

Edit- nice job of not taking a side, too. :)

Yeah, the Democrats look great. Just great.

Congress= lunatics running the asylum.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It was good to see that you waited until Irv actually created this thread before making it about politics. Well done.

Edit- nice job of not taking a side, too. :)

Yeah, the Democrats look great. Just great.

Congress= lunatics running the asylum.
Was just for you. Sorry, Irv, for the hi-jack. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I always liked the Russian approach to bridge design.
The engineer that designed the bridge has to stand directly under the most likely failure point while the dump trucks full of rock drive on to load test the bridge (at 200% of maximum design load if it were the USA, I don't know what factor of safety the Russians use).
The idea of making a person stand under something that might fall ought to give you the idea that their 'safety factor' might be less than stellar. If the whole thing collapses, it saves them the trouble of having to kill the engineer for wasting their resources ... not to mention dump trucks.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The idea of making a person stand under something that might fall ought to give you the idea that their 'safety factor' might be less than stellar. If the whole thing collapses, it saves them the trouble of having to kill the engineer for wasting their resources ... not to mention dump trucks.
In the West, we often have great trouble understanding the Russian way of thinking especially about success or failure. We often are baffled by their pessimistic outlook and their stubborn refusal to cooperate with others. There is a famous Russian proverb about this mentality.

One day a poor villager happens upon a magic talking fish. It says it will grant him a single wish. Overjoyed, the villager weighs his options: “Maybe a castle? Or even better, a thousand bars of gold? Why not a ship to sail the world?”

As the villager is about to make his decision, the fish interrupts to say there is one important caveat, "Whatever you get, your neighbor will get two of the same."

Without skipping a beat, the villager says, “In that case, please poke one of my eyes out.”

Russians will gladly – gleefully, even – sacrifice their own success to screw their neighbor. This pessimism infects all their thinking. When exposed to American optimism, they take offense at our confidence, claiming we are both arrogant and naïve about the ways of the world.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis