Dirac Live Bass Management System Let's You Place Your Sub Anywhere?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
In early 2018 we put our two cents in on the benefits of Dirac Live as a means of offering top of the line room correction for both 2 channel and 8 channel systems. Dirac has now been teasing a bass management version since CES Las Vegas in February of this year. This week Dirac formally announced the release of Dirac Live Bass Management. This unique room acoustics solution is designed to optimize a system’s subwoofers and speakers to deliver consistent, accurate bass throughout an entire room.

Dirac Live Bass Management aggregates measurement and location data from each subwoofer to determine how a system’s bass is distributed throughout the room. It then identifies gaps in the sound waves and distributes bass evenly across the room. Furthermore, the solution corrects the low-frequency sound waves produced by the speaker pair, so the bass produced by each speaker is in sync with the system. All of this processing is designed to enable the subwoofers to be positioned anywhere in the room without sacrificing performance for design, or vice versa.

Does this make general rule of thumb subwoofer placement tips obsolete and will it really be that easy to integrate multiple subwoofers in a home theater using Dirac?

dirac.jpg

Read: Dirac Live Bass Management System To Debut at CEDIA Promising Perfect Bass

P

PeterWhite

Audioholic
Is this only a feature that will be incorporated into processors? Or is this something that can be used with existing surround sound receivers? For example, I have an Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver. Is there a way I can use the Dirac software? For example, attach an old Mac Mini to run it?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Very cool to see this moving forward. Is there any info available about how this and the BM option available for the MiniDSP DDRC88A compare and contrast?

Thanks! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hit the buy it now button but I guess that's not a valid link :)

Looking forward to a stand alone unit to try, otherwise probably won't have much interest ....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis