Recommendations on Online Retailers of Martin Logan and Anthem Products

K8DXX

K8DXX

Audiophyte
Thinking of a major upgrade to our home audio system consisting of an Anthem MRX 720 AVR, Martin Logan (2X) ESL-X, ESL-C and (2X) Dynamo 1600X subs. Going to use our existing M/L Aeons for surround speakers. We live in Sebring, Florida (60-80 miles from Tampa, Orlando, etc.). Don't think we could haul all that gear in the family vehicle and in-state dealers charge for delivery/shipping. I am now considering online authorized online dealers. Can anyone recommend a dealer? I have talked to Crutchfield and while they do offer free shipping, they offer no other monetary incentive to buy from them (like a "free" $100 M/L perfect bass kit... c'mon guys). Have talked to Designer Audio/Video but they are not "authorized" and simply offer "5 year replacement" as a matter of store policy but not backed by the manufacturers..

Any recommendations???? Thanks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
For Anthem, there is also Audio Advice. You can also order from Anthem directly at AnthemAV.com. I doubt either of them will give you discounts or do favors for your business, if that is what you are looking for. For MartinLogan, check this page out.

K8DXX

K8DXX

Audiophyte
Thanks. In a chat with Audio Advice right now. Anyone have any experience with ARC?

K8DXX

K8DXX

Audiophyte
Well... just learned that Crutchfield is NOT a good place to buy anything from. Just received my Anthem MRX 720 AVR. Then sent it single boxed. UPS put a 3 inch hole in the single (not double) box leaving a significant dent in the metal cabinet. I have decided to just have them take it back I do not want to deal with retailers who single box $2500 receivers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well... just learned that Crutchfield is NOT a good place to buy anything from. Just received my Anthem MRX 720 AVR. Then sent it single boxed. UPS put a 3 inch hole in the single (not double) box leaving a significant dent in the metal cabinet. I have decided to just have them take it back I do not want to deal with retailers who single box $2500 receivers.
Did they not work with you or give you a hard time about it or something?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Odd, I have always been pleased with my products and service from Crutchfield, and they have been around a long time. I don't do much business with them, b/c most of their stuff is at MSRP, but I have caught many a good deal over the years.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis