Wanting to bypass factory Bose amp and sub to run a powered sub and amp?

S

ShelbyM

Audiophyte
2013 Yukon XL SLT with Bose, no navigation

I bought an OEM jump seat and want to make my truck a triple bench. Removing the console to do this removes the amp and sub that were standard with the Bose sound.

I’m an absolute newb trying to gather necessary parts and info so that I can take to a hobbyist and be able to swap and install everything.

I have a powered sub, and ordered a PAC amp byPass harness, do I need an additional amp to run to the other factory speakers? A second harness?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Parts I have
PAC AOEMGM1416 interface kit
Rockville SS8P 400w powered sub
PAC SNI-35 line out converter

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
This setup is a vehicle system correct? Yukon being a GM vehicle, like a SUV on steroids big lots of room to install a nice system if you choose too. As for needing a 2nd amp, I would think so, as for running a 2nd wire harness I would believe so too. But you didn't say if you're pulling out the original speakers? Or if your keeping the OEM in the dash. You may want to jump over to Crutchfield there a online company they deal in car/truck audio and video also, you can chat online with one of their associates or even give them a call. I use to use them back in the mid 90's. Very good customer service before and after the sale. Now maybe you'll have some members on AH who can help. Have you tried Googling to see if you can find, some audio forums that are car/truck enthusiast.

S

ShelbyM

Audiophyte
Yes, vehicle. My google-fu hasn’t panned out very well on this query, possibly I was being too specific. I found a local guy that talked me down off the swap. Probably going to just refit the factory stuff into the form I want (triple bench)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis