Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm listening to the first one right now and playing with the variable tuning. In eq 1 (deep extension mode) and 1 port plugged it got so low the remaining port started chuffing! This is the first time I've felt the amps on the back of my subs any more than luke warm. They're not hot, but definitely warmer than usual. It's very deep (truly subsonic, what an experience!) and extended bass so I repeat, careful with the volume until you listen through this one.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Damn! Just can’t wait to try these out tomorrow morning!!!
Why wait? There is always morning somewhere :D

Disconnecting the speakers you can even play fairly loud with no one the wiser where that awful rumling sound comes from :D

One cool thing with the internet is that I can always give "advice" that I will never follow myself o_O

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Disconnecting the speakers you can even play fairly loud with none the wiser where that awful rumling sound comes from :D

One cool thing with the internet is that I can always give "advice" that I will never follow myself o_O
Ha ha! Well in this case it wasn't because of the neighbors so much as the damned woofers looked like they were gonna jump out of the basket! I have some powerful subs and I think that's the hardest I've pushed them. Had it dialed up to -15 and won't go past that, lol.

*Edit: I thought that was me you quoted above, oops.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Disconnecting the speakers you can even play fairly loud with no one the wiser where that awful rumling sound comes from :D

Lol. Indeed one can say whatever he wants! Been there done that lol. Normally, even in the morning I’d wind em up a little bit more but today, I was just being extra nice lol. In contrast, I’ve been known to run rew sweeps after midnight. So there’s that...

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
In my absence I made a bunch of bass playlists in Plex, one called Hertz So Good which features good amounts of bass below 34 Hz, and the other called Bathe in Bass where the cutoff for inclusion was 26 Hz. I play that one when the fiance isn't around under fear of death... Here's a fun one from that playlist for your enjoyment:

I've got a great one with strong bass below 16 Hz, but I can't find it on youtube. It's called Lass Mich Raus by Noisex if anyone wants to find it.

_Mithrandir_

_Mithrandir_

Enthusiast
Wow! That low bass cloudrap sounds amazing on my new SVS PB1000! I cant believe how low it went, I have watched a bunch of movies with it and definitely had the couch shaking but this was a new depth. Simply amazing. I know i should get a second one but I cannot help considering an upgrade, maybe PC2000...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This one has some nice bass all the way through. Fun stuff!

That’s good for a brain buzz! I listened in 7.3.4 and from the beginning, I had cool sounds bouncing all over. Sweet!
Somewhere after the 3:30 mark, it starts to get deep. Like maybe 23hz? I tried this at -10 and -12mv. Fun!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That’s good for a brain buzz! I listened in 7.3.4 and from the beginning, I had cool sounds bouncing all over. Sweet!
Somewhere after the 3:30 mark, it starts to get deep. Like maybe 23hz? I tried this at -10 and -12mv. Fun!
I didn't even think to listen in surround. When it gets a little later ima give it a go.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't even think to listen in surround. When it gets a little later ima give it a go.
I go back and forth depending on mood/content. A lot of electronic stuff has weird unnatural sounds and so to me it’s fun to have beers and buzzes and stuff like that all over. I DO hate when an upmixer puts stuff where it doesn’t belong. Like one bongo drum in a surround speaker or something. Lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I go back and forth depending on mood/content. A lot of electronic stuff has weird unnatural sounds and so to me it’s fun to have beers and buzzes and stuff like that all over. I DO hate when an upmixer puts stuff where it doesn’t belong. Like one bongo drum in a surround speaker or something. Lol
I have it going right now in 5.1. Pretty cool. I'm also playing around with setting to pure direct and letting my towers do everything. They're doing a really good job by themselves!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, they handle it pretty well until I get to that 3:20 mark, then they just roll off sharply. With the subs on it rattles the whole house!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Haven't played the song yet, but I'm digging that thumbnail...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here’s some trippay sheot...
Definitely listen in surround.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a delicate recording whose full merits can only be appreciated on the finest sound system. Those with upper-end Salk or Dynaudio or Focal speakers are encouraged to give this a spin and to please listen for the musical nuance that these upscale systems are able to reveal. This is to be enjoyed with some of the more premium dry white wines, in my opinion.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here is a delicate recording whose full merits can only be appreciated on the finest sound system. Those with upper-end Salk or Dynaudio or Focal speakers are encouraged to give this a spin and to please listen for the musical nuance that these upscale systems are able to reveal. This is to be enjoyed with some of the more premium dry white wines, in my opinion.
This one is pretty cool. Like, I'll listen to it again. It's a different sound and I like it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This one is pretty cool. Like, I'll listen to it again. It's a different sound and I like it.
It was cool except that stoopid fukk rappin... it’s no wonder we have mass shootings.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It was cool except that stoopid fukk rappin... it’s no wonder we have mass shootings.
Honestly, I like the rapping. As for mass shootings, that band is actually Dutch, and the Netherlands don't have any mass shootings that I am aware of.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis