SVS SB-3000 or Klipsch R-115sw

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Not only for music. I'll use it for basically everything.
In that case, go ported!
If music only and given your concern for size, sealed would be a valid consideration, but for all of the low effects in movies, you really will enjoy a ported better.

K

kovacw

Enthusiast
Just for the record, the specific Klipsch you are looking at is a competent sub!
I say that because historically Klipsch subwoofers have been rather poor ad I don't know how many here are familiar with the R-115SW.
However, if you are comparing the Klipsch to a ported 3000 series SVS, there is no contest. That is reflected in the price here. I don't know what your pricing is on these models, but if you let us know, it will help us recognize the value of your options!
I'll put the prices in Brazilian Real, but just for comparison between them.

PB-3000: R$ 9400
PB-2000: R$ 6700
Klipsch: R$ 6300

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
PCs will bee hard to find here. They would be more convenient to me.
Be sure to ask the distributor you are buying from just in case. They don't sell as well as the boxes (I don't know why), but if they are getting a container shipped, they may be able to get a PC as easy as a PB if you are willing to wait for it!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
While looking at them, be sure to check the PC3000. Performance-wise it is almost an identical match to the PB3000, but you trade height for a smaller footprint. (and a cylinder is inherently a stronger shape than a box).

Putting it beside the couch usually works well.

Is this only for music or are you interested in theater LFE (earthquakes, Dinosaur stomps, etc) as well?
SVS has not yet made a PC3000, only sealed and ported version available in that series.

K

kovacw

Enthusiast
So, will I loose much going for the 2000 instead of the 3000?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The 2000 would probably be enough for your space, but you might find you want more. If you get the 3000 I think you'll be very happy with it. If you can afford it, I'd take the hit now and get the 3000. If your gonna have to skip meals and miss your rent payment then get the 2000.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
IMO, if you can do 2 pb or pc 2000, you will be better than 1 pb 3000. If its just one or the other, then I would go PB 3000.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I added the price in US Dollars:
I'll put the prices in Brazilian Real, but just for comparison between them.

PB-3000: R$ 9400 1400
PB-2000: R$ 6700 800
Klipsch: R$ 6300 750
I don't know how much this matters, but looking at relative costs for you vs costs in the US, the PBB3000 is a deal!
The way I am looking at it is in the US, the PB-3000 costs 75% more than the PB-2000.
In Brazil, the PB-3000 costs only about 40% more than the PB-2000.
I guess that makes sense because if the shipping cost were, say, something like 2500 for each, the difference between 4200 and 6900 is getting close to the 75% difference!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis