Yamaha RX-A2080 or Denon AVR-X4500H

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My current AVR is a Pioneer Vsx534.
So you are not really using Auto EQ of any kind?

If you don’t use Auto EQ (I don’t use Auto EQ by the way),then the Yamaha and Denon are equal in sound quality.

If you do use Auto EQ (Audyssey or YPAO),then it becomes equivocal. It depends on the person you ask.

K

kovacw

Enthusiast
So you are not really using Auto EQ of any kind?

If you don’t use Auto EQ (I don’t use Auto EQ by the way),then the Yamaha and Denon are equal in sound quality.

If you do use Auto EQ (Audyssey or YPAO),then it becomes equivocal. It depends on the person you ask.
I'm not using, but I'll probably use it with the new receiver.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Would you guys consider the alternative of changing the Klipsch RP-600M speakers for Edifier S3000PRO and forget the receiver?

That Edifier model has been highly praised.
That's pretty much a completely different direction. What gear do you use aside from the receiver now for content? How would you integrate a sub?

As to receiver, why do you need a new receiver right now? You don't even have a full set of speakers yet. I tend to just advise to get an avr based on the features you want at a price you want to pay. That said I have several avrs, two Denons, an Onkyo and a Sony (all in use in various rooms). I'd consider a Yamaha down the line if the price/feature set worked out but until I go Atmos and/or 4k, not in the market.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
My RX A3080 ,new, has a factory warranty for 3 years.
My X4500H is a refurb, and at about half price of a new one, the warranty is nice to have. But if it's like almost every piece of audio equipment I've owned since I started buying it in 1970, it will have no issues until the warranty is dim memory, or it will be DOA.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis