Any Holiday Sales Thread

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Amazon has for Prime Members: Amazon Fire TV 4K Stick Streaming Media Player with Alexa Voice Remote for $34.99. Shipping is free.

Amazon also has for Prime Members: Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player with Alexa Voice Remote for $24.99. Shipping is free.

Fire TV Cube for $69.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0791T9...s_mccc_skl
If the tv is 4K, and the AVR upgrades to 4K, what is the benefit of upgrading to a 4K firestick?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
If the tv is 4K, and the AVR upgrades to 4K, what is the benefit of upgrading to a 4K firestick?
You can stream Netflix(need to upgrade to 4K service)/Amazon Prime Video, Vudo, etc in 4K. The AVR can upscale to 4K, but it's not true 4K unless you have a device that does real 4K like the Firestick 4K or
Xiaomi Mi Box 4K(Which I own and also supports 720P/1080P).
I don't have a 4K TV yet, so I can't use it. I have the regular 1080P stick. The price is now $25:
https://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-Stick-4K-with-Alexa-Voice-Remote/dp/B079QHML21/ref=sr_1_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=01b54d52a72611e98fb7aeddf160804c0INT&keywords=Fire TV Stick 4K&qid=1563120638&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Amazon has for Prime Members: Amazon Fire TV 4K Stick Streaming Media Player with Alexa Voice Remote for $34.99. Shipping is free.

Amazon also has for Prime Members: Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player with Alexa Voice Remote for $24.99. Shipping is free.

Fire TV Cube for $69.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0791T9...s_mccc_skl
Picked up the $24.99 Firestick for my non smart bedroom TV. Works great at a bargain price.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It is amazing how inexpensive yesterday's large TV's have become, and that is a standout among all of the others!
Yeah I'm pissed I can't get either one for tight budget reasons. I don't own a 4K yet. Hopefully in Oct-Dec more sales like these and hopefully able to. Right now my Samsung Plasma 42inch is still showing a good picture.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I'm pissed I can't get either one for tight budget reasons. I don't own a 4K yet. Hopefully in Oct-Dec more sales like these and hopefully able to.
Yeah, it is a safe bet that you will see equivalent sale come Black Friday. Between those two, I'd get the TCL if you don't already have a Roku or Firestick. The Roku adaptation of the TCL is seamless and Vizio's interface is cumbersome in comparison (although on par with most smart TV's - the TCL is a class act that way).
If you already have an external Roku or Firestick, I'd spend the extra $50 for the 10" larger Vizio if you can swing it!
PS: I got a Sharp TV with Roku, expecting it to be on par with the TCL I already had, but the Sharp had lots of problems -
Mainly took 30 minutes to get a connection to internet after turned on! I replaced it with a TCL in the same location and everything running perfect since then.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis