Found a used F25 Rythmik on CL

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So I stumbled across a used F25 on CL with the silver drivers and the 600 watt amp. Not really in the market but they are asking $500 obo. I think I will go get it tomorrow any opinions. My research shows this will kick some serious butt. Can I integrate it with my 15” Daytons DIY.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! If it works, that is the deal of the century!

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Keeping my fingers crossed. The guy selling says he has powered it on and the light come on for the amps. I’m going to check it out tomorrow. It was his deceased father in-law. So hoping an old fellow took it easy on it and it is in full working order.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Not sure he knows how to hook it up. I’m bring a receiver over tomorrow to test

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Any thoughts on integrating with my Dayton 15s sealed. I have a pair. I am think I may just use 1 in an opposite corner to the F25. I don’t have room for 2 of the Dayton’s and the Rythmik.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Utilizing mismatched subs often doesn’t work well. If the lesser sub runs out of headroom before the better one, then you can’t crank the system ay harder than what the lesser sub can do. If the lesser sub doesn’t have extension as good as the better sub, then system extension is compromised. Basically, system performance is “dumbed down” to what the weaker sub can do. See here for a case study complete with frequency response graphs.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Is there any reason I can’t just use my iPhone with a 3.5mm headphone jack to rca cable to test the sub when I go check it out?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
No reason at all.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So I check this unit out and it is a DIY version and the box was in really rough shape and the amp vibrates on the back when I ran it. I decided to pass. Didn’t want to get into a box reconstruction and some other unknowns.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
That is more than a little deceptive if he didn't clarify that it was a DIY F25! It might still be worth checking out, but I'm sure you would have asked a different group of questions before you set up the audition.
OTOH, if he has the true Rythmik driver and amp with servo, it may still be a good price for someone willing to build another box (if the seller's cannot be salvaged). But definitely one to pass on if you have no DIY desire!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That is more than a little deceptive if he didn't clarify that it was a DIY F25! It might still be worth checking out, but I'm sure you would have asked a different group of questions before you set up the audition.
OTOH, if he has the true Rythmik driver and amp with servo, it may still be a good price for someone willing to build another box (if the seller's cannot be salvaged). But definitely one to pass on if you have no DIY desire!
Perhaps a box could be purchased directly from Rythmik. Just dunno if it adds up to a good deal or a waste of time/$

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis