Svs pb 3000 or HSU vtf3

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
Svs and hsu seem to have the most positive chatter throughout the internet. I own a vtf2 mk5. What’s the best upgrade from that besides 2. I can only fit one.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
My guess is that the SVS would have stronger bass below 25 Hz but the Hsu would have more powerful bass above 40 Hz. Very likely that both subs are very well balanced, and you can't go wrong with either.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
That 18 is a beast. The svs pb-3000 has a better finish for me though. Which sub do you use?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That 18 is a beast. The svs pb-3000 has a better finish for me though. Which sub do you use?
I have 2 pc12pluses and a Polk psw505 as an mbm(30-50hz). I’m pretty flat to about 14hz. I’d looove a pair of those 18’s but life has a way of taking over lol. I agree the pb3k has a nicer finish but when the lights go down, it won’t touch the 18. SVS does have probably the best CS ever though.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My guess is that the Rythmik 18" would outperform a PB-3000, but it might not be as big of a difference as you think. We will see when I get my hands on one.
Well puff puff give! I mean you can send it over to me when your done. I can test it too. I won’t even publish my results. Nobody will ever know.

any idea when you might be testing? I’m curious about your above statement since iirc, you tested the SVS too. No? My guess is the 40% larger 18” with presumably much lower tuning will naturally have an advantage but what I’m not sure of is midbass range. Seems like I recall the Rythmik having great midbass performance as well. I’m going to DB... something to do while I wake up!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Well puff puff give! I mean you can send it over to me when your done. I can test it too. I won’t even publish my results. Nobody will ever know.

any idea when you might be testing? I’m curious about your above statement since iirc, you tested the SVS too. No? My guess is the 40% larger 18” with presumably much lower tuning will naturally have an advantage but what I’m not sure of is midbass range. Seems like I recall the Rythmik having great midbass performance as well. I’m going to DB... something to do while I wake up!
I will be testing the PB-3000 early summer. Haven't tested the Rythmik, but there is a full set of measurements at data-bass.com for it. Compare its measurements to the PB13-Ultra. Aside from the FV18's lower tuning advantage, those measurements aren't far off.. and I am guessing that the PB-3000 isn't that much down from a PB13-Ultra. But this is all conjecture, and we will see when I drag these things out to the field.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That Rhythmik has crazy insane midrange numbers and it is very low tuned. I was going to go with either those or there big brother the Rhythmikfv25hp they are located in Austin an hour from me and if I went and picked them up myself in cash they were giving me a crazy good discount.
Unfortunately it rained for a f@$!in month literally nonstop finally I just gave in and bought the dual SVS PB 4000's.
I love my 4000's. But I still sometimes have what if's thinking about the Rhythmiks

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That Rhythmik has crazy insane midrange numbers and it is very low tuned. I was going to go with either those or there big brother the Rhythmikfv25hp they are located in Austin an hour from me and if I went and picked them up myself in cash they were giving me a crazy good discount.
Unfortunately it rained for a f@$!in month literally nonstop finally I just gave in and bought the dual SVS PB 4000's.
I love my 4000's. But I still sometimes have what if's thinking about the Rhythmiks
That Rythmik 18" doesn't really have an extraordinary level of midbass headroom. The FV25HP is a different animal that does have a huge midbass output.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
That Rythmik 18" doesn't really have an extraordinary level of midbass headroom. The FV25HP is a different animal that does have a huge midbass output.
You don't think so? Maybe I just got my numbers mixed up from when I was looking at the FV25HP but I could have sworn there numbers were higher then the SVS 4000's even the ultra 16's in the midbass. By at least 25% if not more if I remember the numbers right when we went over them through the whole midrange.

But then again I'm comparing it to SVS who I feel specializes in emphasizing the deep waters especially with extended mode or more the 60 to 20 Hz range in standard and has good but not stellar midbass.

So maybe they measure good against SVS in midbass but not like you said the craziest out there.

Hmmm interesting I'll have to jump on data bass myself William! See ya over there!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I am interested in your review of the 3000 this summer for sure by the way Shady any idea or timeframe when your Pinnacle review is coming?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I am interested in your review of the 3000 this summer for sure by the way Shady any idea or timeframe when your Pinnacle review is coming?
It'll be a little while before that review. I want to say maybe mid June? There are a few articles to be published before then. I don't have the review units in hand yet.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It'll be a little while before that review. I want to say maybe mid June? There are a few articles to be published before then. I don't have the review units in hand yet.
Not that I'm interested in them those Klipsch RP8000f's I tell you what Shady the more I hear them the more I love them. They are not going anywhere

But I am curious to see what SVS has done in this go round with upgrading the Prime towers

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I hate what ifs......
I’m imagining a pair of 25’s where my pc’s are. DAMN!!!!!

Don’t worry bro. You made a good choice. The 4k’s are bad a$$.

I have plans drawn for 4 dual 18’s built in to the 4 recessed areas of the front and back of my room. Mmmmm

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis