Svs ultra bookshelf

M

mx416

Audioholic
Really enjoying the speakers so far. Still haven’t put them to the music test yet. In due time.
I am liking the extra bass from the 8”s . My room is very difficult on bass. Even with 2 subs, I still have issues outside the MLP (3-4 seats). Difficulty’s, In areas such as the kitchen counter where you might entertain guest. The extra bass from the towers has helped even things out.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
T
That should do it. But the HPF for LFE isn’t the XO. The LFE channel encoded on movies goes from 3-120hz. Basically you just chopped off the top. That should be at 120hz.
This is it William
[/Yep. Although he should set the lpf of lfe to 120hz to get the full signal to the subs. And IMO not use lfe+mains. That’s my opinion however, and he may love it.QUOTE]

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
So if I run LFE at 120, and the rest of my speakers set to small, crossover at 60, I should get crisp highs, and take pressure off my AVR, and my subs will get all the bass.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yep. For music your subs will handle 60hz and below. For movies, your subs will get all of the lfe track, from 3hz up to 130hz. Plus all the redirected bass from 60 and below. Should sound excellent.

I would leave the lfe at 120( o need to cut the top of that off), but you might try different XO settings between 60 and 100. Just to see how you like each one.

M

mx416

Audioholic
Sorry folk for not getting back to this forum with my review. I am currently trying to move homes :D which is a good thing, just not for speaker reviews.

Review will come in due time.

M

mx416

Audioholic
Hi all. Finally got moved into the new house. Had the electrician run all the wires in the living room.

The room is roughly 25x26x10’. It has a lot of echos. I have decided to switch subs from current 2x lv12r to 2x FV18. I’m hoping the change in subs and some “acoustic art” will help out this room.

I will add pics soon!

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Bro I'm so happy for you but all butt jealous at the same time!

I live close to Austin Rhythmiks base of operations and came so close to buying 2 of these I just got stuck with a bunch of rain for like 3 months last year so I lost patience and went with the SVS 4000's. I love them but always still wonder about the Rhythmik's!

Ohhhh what could be been! Congratulations bro! You gotta post us your impressions after you break them in!

M

mx416

Audioholic
No review yet...still doing a lot of listening. I can however say two things.
1. The tactical response is back
2. These subs are huge

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You and I have very similar setups! I've had these for well over a year now and they still put a smile on my face. One thing I did with the speakers was move them out from the wall about 15" at the base. That seemed to make 'em sound a little bit nicer and I've read they like a little room to breathe. My left speaker is kinda in a corner like yours too. Gotta love room correction, lol.

IMG_1338-1612x1209.JPG

I tried to get a side shot but it's still kinda hard to see, but yeah. It helped clean things up a little bit. Like I said, I think I still love 'em as much as when they first arrived so that bodes well for you! Congrats on some great gear!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You and I have very similar setups! I've had these for well over a year now and they still put a smile on my face. One thing I did with the speakers was move them out from the wall about 15" at the base. That seemed to make 'em sound a little bit nicer and I've read they like a little room to breathe. My left speaker is kinda in a corner like yours too. Gotta love room correction, lol.

View attachment 30094

I tried to get a side shot but it's still kinda hard to see, but yeah. It helped clean things up a little bit. Like I said, I think I still love 'em as much as when they first arrived so that bodes well for you! Congrats on some great gear!
Great move using the bookshelf as your center channel bro! Nice touch

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis