watched overlord tonight... WOW

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Guys, the sound mix on the movie was spectacular on the now 5.3. A+ IMO. If you have an atmos system or even if you have a good 2 channel system I would highly recommend this movie. I really had the house shaking tonight! @speakerman39 I went ahead and got the Emotiva E1s that you posted about some time back on clearance. Absolutely added to the HT experience. For 80 bucks a speaker not bad at all. I was thinking you could actually rig up an atmos system fairly easily and cheaply using these speakers. If you have a super big room I probably would not recommend these but did the trick just fine for me. I love the size of these and the build quality seems to be pretty good for an 80 dollar speaker. @ryanosaur was thinking about you actually. You may want to consider moving those mini monitors into a bedroom set up and pick up a pair of these for surrounds. PS, Chris

IMG_3262.jpg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The movie sounded interesting... I'll put it on my list for when I rig up Atmos later this year!

Since I'm still holding out for the possibility of rigging up my own AAs... well I'm gonna hold off, as the pricing isn't that different and I like what the AAs bring to the table... including -10dB around the mid 30Hz area. And It was pointed out the old AA schematic is out there. I would prefer to be able to talk to Dennis, first, but I can open one of mine up to confirm, too. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Seen lots of reports of overlord being super mega awesome reference material. I’m excited for it.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I will be watching this one in the next couple days. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Guys, the sound mix on the movie was spectacular on the now 5.3. A+ IMO. If you have an atmos system or even if you have a good 2 channel system I would highly recommend this movie. I really had the house shaking tonight! @speakerman39 I went ahead and got the Emotiva E1s that you posted about some time back on clearance. Absolutely added to the HT experience. For 80 bucks a speaker not bad at all. I was thinking you could actually rig up an atmos system fairly easily and cheaply using these speakers. If you have a super big room I probably would not recommend these but did the trick just fine for me. I love the size of these and the build quality seems to be pretty good for an 80 dollar speaker.

View attachment 28367
Glad to hear that the E1's are working well for you. I hope to make a visit to Emotiva sometime in the very near future. I have family in Franklin, TN and plan to make a full day of it. Very interested in the TA-100 myself. Perhaps, checking out the B1's as well. :)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis