D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think you'd be a dangerous DIYer. :)
Hah hah yeeeaaahhh luckily I'm having fun exploring the commercial side of things right now.

But just you wait the day will come when I venture into DIY territory

May God have mercy on us all.... On that day! :eek:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I was gonna hold out. I think he's previously nixed the idea altogether, tho. I'm waiting on your build thread to get my jollies....someday I'll even do my final SI build for my last two SI HT18D2s. :)
I know all about that site some nights I stay up vert late staring longfully at the screen and fantasize about the day when I will take those drivers and learn to create subs that will change the face of our planet!

Bwhaaaaa ha a ha ha a ha haaaaaa! o_Oo_Oo_O

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Its gonna happen... but TLS is doing his damndest to convince me to build what I wanted to all along which would be a TL Sub. Dunno if its feasible, or how big it would actually be, but that was a fantasy.

Might start a bit smaller. ;)
*blushes
Depends on your tools/skills to an extent. More complicated box to build. Sealed is small and easiest :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
A
Ooh maaaann!!!! I was gonna make a crack about the ports first..... At least someone did.

Thanks for sharing @danzilla. Good stuff.
And Hey that was a lot of fun sharing my experience of today with you guys thanks for coming along for the ride with me!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Depends on your tools/skills to an extent. More complicated box to build. Sealed is small and easiest :)
Yeah, but they already talked me out of that... gonna shoot for ported first, possibly. Depends on when I can get access to a CAD program, I think. A lot to consider between now and then!!! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, but they already talked me out of that... gonna shoot for ported first, possibly. Depends on when I can get access to a CAD program, I think. A lot to consider between now and then!!! :)
CAD so you can use your CNC machine or something? :) You mean box design software like winisd or bassbox pro etc?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Lovin' ;)
Yes a Computer Aided Design program like those.
They (CAD) don't usually help you design the actual box, just determine gross parameters. I think of them differently I suppose.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
They (CAD) don't usually help you design the actual box, just determine gross parameters. I think of them differently I suppose.
Some seem to. Even the less expensive ones I've seen some mention of a few giving you instructions for a knock down style box... measurements for each side, accounting for material thickness, internal volume, bracing, etc. ;) Regardless, that's a ways away, still.
First I have to figure out why my math on that dayton driver didn't match their recommended build. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some seem to. Even the less expensive ones I've seen some mention of a few giving you instructions for a knock down style box... measurements for each side, accounting for material thickness, internal volume, bracing, etc. ;) Regardless, that's a ways away, still.
First I have to figure out why my math on that dayton driver didn't match their recommended build. ;)
What programs? Maybe I need to look again...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
....these are programs that start with t/s parameters?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Ok boyzzzzz and girrrrllllzzz addresses and gentlemaaaannnsss

Here goes!

Setup

SVS is getting me too spoiled with this phone app the PB 4000 now this I just laid down in my bed and once it was plugged into the avr? Everything was done from my lazy ass back room gain phase adjustment volume etc etc and it was setup in like 10min

Gone are the days of listening getting up fiddling with the knobs going back listening getting up repeating process repeating process repeating process until you finally get it right
Nope! Flat on my back in music and movies I got to tweak and fiddle and calibrate and adjust and lock in settings for both all on the fly in less then 10 to 15min it's done! Subwoofer Nirvana Heaven! Your spoiling me SVS!

Okay gotta go walk the dogs there flipping out since I let this baby rip! When I get back I'll tell you what I think about music and movies
Officially jelly!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis