Game of Thrones season 8

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Due in April. Finally the conclusion. The HBO series has already passed the books in the GOT timeline. I did really like the books but the TV series may have actually surpassed them. Anyway cant wait and I think my favorite character is Arya Stark closely followed by Tyrion Lannister. Any other GOT fans out there and who is your favorite character?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dang thought this might be a "hey Season 8 is up and running!" type of post :) Another two months!? Dang. I'm with you on the favorite characters, tho.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Dang thought this might be a "hey Season 8 is up and running!" type of post :) Another two months!? Dang. I'm with you on the favorite characters, tho.
Yeah this thread might run awhile. I like those 2 characters because they have been underdogs throughout the series and are both honorable. But they can also be ruthless when the situation calls for it. I also like the Sam Tarly character.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The date was given in December. April 14th and I believe it was also mentioned it would be a relatively short season like the last one (6 or 7 episodes only).

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
The date was given in December. April 14th and I believe it was also mentioned it would be a relatively short season like the last one (6 or 7 episodes only).
Yes 6 episodes I believe. And they have already finished filming but the cast is remaining tight lipped on the finish. Like I said before can't wait.:)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Been finished for a while, and still a Jon Snow Fan & Aria Stark, looking forward to their reunion in season 8: April 14th Winter is here

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Been finished for a while, and still a Jon Snow Fan & Aria Stark, looking forward to their reunion in season 8: April 14th Winter is here
Yeah Arya has always been my favorite her and Tyrion. I think Arya has had the hardest path to get here. Loved it when she killed Littlefinger. And yeah Winter is here.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I want to know what and when the GOT-spinoff (The Long Night?) will be so I don’t feel so depressed while watching S08. :eek:

My fav character: Mother of Dragons :D

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I want to know what and when the GOT-spinoff (The Long Night?) will be so I don’t feel so depressed while watching S08. :eek:

My fav character: Mother of Dragons :D
Is the Long Night post or pre GOT? There is a book about the Targaryen dynasty called Fire and Blood by GRR Martin set around 300 years before the time of GOT. To anyone who loves the HBO series do yourself a favor and read the books. Very entertaining.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Is the Long Night post or pre GOT? There is a book about the Targaryen dynasty called Fire and Blood by GRR Martin set around 300 years before the time of GOT. To anyone who loves the HBO series do yourself a favor and read the books. Very entertaining.
I think The Long Night sets 10,000 years before GOT.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, the spin off is prequel that laid the foundation for the current series. Sounds interesting, but not a ton of details on it yet.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I started watching my GOT series 1 through 7 in anticipation of season 8. I cant believe how many "little" things I missed. And the series does tend to stray from the books storyline the longer it goes.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
I've watched the show through season 7 once. I'm holding out for the inevitable UHD box set to watch it from the beginning again.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I've watched the show through season 7 once. I'm holding out for the inevitable UHD box set to watch it from the beginning again.
Yeah it would be nice to have GOT UHD all in one box but I bought the seasons piecemeal and most of them slightly used. I believe all but only season 7 is Blu Ray the rest I have are DVD.

B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
You should hold out before you replace the DVDs. Only season 1 is on UHD, but the rest are coming. Apparently the upconversion, HDR grade and wide color gamut is spectacular, and season 2 and up used better cameras so they expect even better results. And they ported over the Atmos mix from the Blu-ray re-releases, which were already monsters. Essentially they are cinema quality experiences. That's what I'm waiting for.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
anyone else have dragons or did i wander too far off the path :rolleyes:
M.O.D.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis