Canton 949 vs Klipsch KL 6502 in wall

A

Aman

Audioholic Intern
Hello there!,

My budget is around 1K for LCRs. Must be in wall. I was looking at Canton 949s or Klipsch KL 6502. I need help with making up my mind.

Thanks,
Aman

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'd go with the Klipsch. Also consider the KEF THX.

A

Aman

Audioholic Intern
Kefs are slightly pricey. I was worried about klipsch being a tad sharp. In some reviews someone commented that they cause “fatigue”. But they are thx rated so wanted to check here what the experts feel about them.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Kefs are slightly pricey. I was worried about klipsch being a tad sharp. In some reviews someone commented that they cause “fatigue”. But they are thx rated so wanted to check here what the experts feel about them.
If your concerned about critical listening, no in wall will be absolutely awesome. The THX specs provide for a good speaker, and for hometheater those are the choice. If you find them too bright just roll off the top end a bit with eq.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Klipsch Reference series USED to be harsh. With their latest line they have fixed most of it and eliminated it from the Reference Premier line and other higher end lines, one of those lines being the THX In-walls.

I too would also take a look at Kef in-walls.

PM me, I think I can help you out.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I would look at the Canton

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis