Is it worth it getting a subwoofer with these speakers?

R

Robbie2019

Audiophyte
I would like to get a subwoofer but I have no Idea what to even look for or even much about them I know the basics of the fact they can produce bass frequencies from 200hz to 40 hz or even lower if good enough.
I have
Pioneer VSX-D512 Multi-Channel Reciever
2 Cerwin Vega E710's
Castle Keep 2 Center speaker
2 KEF IQ5's
I want to get a Powered subwoofer but what do I look for and which brand do I get as I know some are expensive and good and some cheap unknown (small chance) can be good
I want one that has a good thump to it such as making a room shake if I want as I don't have to worry about upsetting neighbours , I want one that can also go loud such as my cerwin vega's which have a sensitivity of 95 db

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Start with a few key pieces of info like your budget and room volume would be a good start. Assume this is for movies primarily with the surround system? Or?

Maybe read some of our subwoofer reviews here https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews to get some ideas

For some solid entry level subs check out the Dayton SUB1200 & SUB1500 at parts-express.com

ps I'm guessing you're not in the US by your spelling of neighbors :) .... where are you?

R

Robbie2019

Audiophyte
Thank you, the room size is about 13ft x 13 ft and all the speakers are for surround and will be for movies and music, I listen to many different styles of music so I'll adjust it accordingly and I don't really have a budget maybe 300-400? If less or more I'm not fussed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You don't have near the selection we do here in the US from what I've read. SVS has some subs available there but beieve above your budget. Might check out BK Elec subs, tho I think they're also above your budget. Rel is a big name in subs in the UK but tend to be quite pricey but maybe they're better priced there. Unfortunately I don't think parts-express.com normally ships to the UK either....

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
You don't have near the selection we do here in the US from what I've read. SVS has some subs available there but beieve above your budget. Might check out BK Elec subs, tho I think they're also above your budget. Rel is a big name in subs in the UK but tend to be quite pricey but maybe they're better priced there. Unfortunately I don't think parts-express.com normally ships to the UK either....
I doubt PE sells much that works on 220V either.

Audio Affair is a reputable UK dealer you could contact. I've had communications with them before and they know their stuff. http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/speakers/subwoofers

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Thank you, the room size is about 13ft x 13 ft and all the speakers are for surround and will be for movies and music, I listen to many different styles of music so I'll adjust it accordingly and I don't really have a budget maybe 300-400? If less or more I'm not fussed.
You should get able to get at least 105dB or more out of a sub 1500 in that room, as I could easily get 105dB in a 20x12 room with a semi open back wall.

Being a square room though, you're likely to have some pretty bad standing waves that possibly aren't excited well enough by the CV's.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis