Problem with Bluetooth speakers and Sony turntable

H

Hethee

Audiophyte
Please forgive me, but I am new to all of this. I just got a Sony turntable that I believe doesn’t have any kind of built in amp. I hooked it up with just the yellow and white cables and there is sound, but it is really low. It is not loud at all.
Is there something that I am missing?

If someone could help me out I would totally appreciate it! I feel like I just wasted a lot of money on stuff that doesn’t work together.

Thanks so much!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If the record player doesn't have a built in phono stage (a combo of a preamp/RIAA eq circuit) you'll need a separate one. While it's possible there's a set of bluetooth speakers that have a phono stage built in I somewhat doubt that yours have such. Always best to post up specifics of gear you're asking about (model of the Sony along with what cartridge it has, also the make/model of the speakers). If you need a separate phono stage this would work https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-PP400-BEHRINGER-MICROPHONO/dp/B000H2BC4E/ref=sr_1_1/132-5405956-9192057?ie=UTF8&qid=1542530490&sr=8-1&keywords=behringer+phono+preamp

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis