Could get a handle on my surrounds

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
And the challenger just keeps getting knocked down by the champ! He can barely clear his feet before he is crushed again! Ladies and gentleman it's not looking good for our challenger! This could be the end! :eek:
Lol! The visa probably still has smoke rolling off it! Strike while the iron is hot!!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
And the challenger just keeps getting knocked down by the champ! He can barely clear his feet before he is crushed again! Ladies and gentleman it's not looking good for our challenger! This could be the end! :eek:
That last post was for you William! Go easy on me champ I surrender! Whatdya say? :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That last post was for you William! Go easy on me champ I surrender! Whatdya say? :)
Hey man, you know I’m just playing. My first surround system was a clusterF of Frankenstein’s lab. You’re sooo going the right direction, so don’t take offense. If I didn’t rib ya, you would think I didn’t care! I’ll go have a time out for not being nice. Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hey man, you know I’m just playing. My first surround system was a clusterF of Frankenstein’s lab. You’re sooo going the right direction, so don’t take offense. If I didn’t rib ya, you would think I didn’t care! I’ll go have a time out for not being nice. Lol
I was just playing with you back my friend I always really enjoy your input it's peope like you and lovinthehd shady J snakeeyes and so many more that make this hobby so enjoyable don't ever stop ribbing me my friend stuff like that makes all of this so much fun! AND NEXT YEAR IM BUYING A 250 INCH TV!!!!!!!!!! :p

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ahhhhhhh audio nirvana you guys nailed it on the head with the crossover advice. Once I raised the crossover voila the surrounds drivers overexerting was gone. And the speakers just plain sounded better period. Man I really learned a lot from this especially about sealed speakers and how they like to perform and that frequency specs aren't everything. You need to dig up more data. +- db range is just a starting point. Where does the speaker truly start to roll off? This info and so much more play a huge role in getting the best out of your speaker in setup. Thanks again for the help everyone

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I was just playing with you back my friend I always really enjoy your input it's peope like you and lovinthehd shady J snakeeyes and so many more that make this hobby so enjoyable don't ever stop ribbing me my friend stuff like that makes all of this so much fun! AND NEXT YEAR IM BUYING A 250 INCH TV!!!!!!!!!! :p
But you know you’ll want a 275” as soon as you get the 250!!!
I’m glad you’re getting good results! It’s fun to be part of that. And also, there are some really good guys here.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man I wish I could get a projector on a serious note I've always wanted one but it just wouldn't be practical in the living room right there. I'm toying with the idea of having one that drops down over the TV and using it only for movies the TV for everything else but I just don't think cost wise or ability wise on the install I could pull it off its a shame because that wall is the perfect size for it.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Have you guys seen the news today? A black hole has formed under @Danzilla31 's house and its sucking all his money into it. Scientists nicknamed the hole McUpgrady and say it will never go away.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Have you guys seen the news today? A black hole has formed under @Danzilla31 's house and its sucking all his money into it. Scientists nicknamed the hole McUpgrady and say it will never go away.
The names MR McUpgrady buddy!!!!! You know what?!!!!! I think I've had it with getting picked on!!!! It's TIME to stand up for MR Mcupgrady's rights! Mr Mcupgrady has just made the public announcement that since he never in his life wanted to upgrade to a wifey or kiddos he is now in the perfect position to put money back and upgrade every couple months to WHATEVER HE WANTS !!! I'm just gonna walk away........ while I drop the mic....... Ohhhhhhhhh yeeeaaahhh...:p:p:p:p:p

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Besides I blame all this on audioholics anyway. I clicked on a link to join and a vortex was formed underneath my house creating this black hole. And we'll nothing not even light can escape a black hole. I had no chance there was nothing I could do but get sucked in. ;)

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
No wife? You better add a stripper pole next and do it right! Let us live thru you!!!! :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You had no chance is right! It’s ok man, how do you think the rest of got here? lol
In reality though, there are faaaar worse places you can spend money. I’m just glad that I live in a time where I can build a great HT experience, and have it be part of my life every day. When I was kid, I hooked up our vhs to an old receiver for our first 2.0 system. My family was like, whaaat? I didn’t even know you could do that! Hogan’s hero’s never sounded so good lmao... Ahhhh, the rabbit hole. Good to have you.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
No wife? You better add a stripper pole next and do it right! Let us live thru you!!!! :p
I'll be posting that in a thread soon. But I'll need all my audioholic friends input on how to properly measure for the change in room acoustics placing the pole in my listening environment will have. I'll definitely have to rerun Audyssey. I got that part down at least!:D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Oh yeah, the drop down projector thing. Great idea. That’s on my list too. My buddy has that kind of a set up. It’s pretty sweet. In the end I’ll probably just do a big oled when my 58” plasma gives up the ghost. Who knows...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'll be posting that in a thread soon. But I'll need all my audioholic friends input on how to properly measure for the change in room acoustics placing the pole in my listening environment will have. I'll definitely have to rerun Audyssey. I got that part down at least!:D
Stripper pole? Forget about Audyssey, just turn it up!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You had no chance is right! It’s ok man, how do you think the rest of got here? lol
In reality though, there are faaaar worse places you can spend money. I’m just glad that I live in a time where I can build a great HT experience, and have it be part of my life every day. When I was kid, I hooked up our vhs to an old receiver for our first 2.0 system. My family was like, whaaat? I didn’t even know you could do that! Hogan’s hero’s never sounded so good lmao... Ahhhh, the rabbit hole. Good to have you.
Man I've loved all this since I was a kid and have finally got myself in a place where I can do something about it. I feel the same way you do. When I jumped on board last year and began to learn I was blown away at all the amazing options consumers can get now that are so much more obtainable then they were when I was younger. Never has there been a better bang for the buck then there is now for all of us audioholics!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh yeah, the drop down projector thing. Great idea. That’s on my list too. My buddy has that kind of a set up. It’s pretty sweet. In the end I’ll probably just do a big oled when my 58” plasma gives up the ghost. Who knows...
I know it's way too soon to pull any triggers yet I want to wait and see what the pricing is like after the technology begins to settle down before I make any major moves on changing the display. Until then I'll just have to take all the ribbing I get for my teeny weeny monitor on top of all my gear like a man! :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis