Sonos Beam vs Polk Command: Who Wins the Captain's Chair?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Red Alert! SONOS and Polk have crossed the neutral zone and engaged in an act of budget soundbar war.

If you're already in the SONOS environment and you're looking to add a soundbar to your whole home audio system, than you should check out the new SONOS Beam Soundbar with Amazon Alexa built in. At just 25" long and $300 SONOS might have an easy solution to add seamless multi-room sound to every room in your house including ones with TV's. Read on to see how we fit in a shameless Star Trek pun.

sonos.jpg

Read: SONOS Beam Soundbar Preview

A

awesomecondo

Audiophyte
Sounds really good for a room less then 250sqft. Nice size soundbar for a TVs of upto55 inches. Pairs really well with your TV's HDMI CEC. Make sure you HDMI function is turned on. no need for additional remote control.

mattlach

mattlach

Junior Audioholic
I couldn't see myself every buying this sonos stuff.

When I wanted to hook up multi-room sound to the zone 2 of my Denon receiver, I ran copper wires down to the basement, where I installed a distribution amp, and then ran wires to each room where I wanted the multi-room setup to work.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
I couldn't see myself every buying this sonos stuff.

When I wanted to hook up multi-room sound to the zone 2 of my Denon receiver, I ran copper wires down to the basement, where I installed a distribution amp, and then ran wires to each room where I wanted the multi-room setup to work.
I use a Sonos Connect attached to a distribution amp. Works great as a streamer and the app is extremely easy and wife-friendly to use. If you want to play different sources in each zone, you can attach multiple Connects. Their stuff is pricey but it works extremely well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis