Sufficient amp for Polk LSIm707??

S

sw1tchn1nja

Audiophyte
All, my magnepan ribbon wires coming lose have driven me to upgrade to Polk LSIM707's. But I'm curious if my current Denon AVR991 receiver is sufficient enough to drive them in that manner they were designed to be used. They arrive in less than 18 hours but wanted to get some thoughts from people more intelligent than I regarding high end audio. Thanks

Room size 10x20
Centers is B&W LCR3
Rears are B&W LM1's
Sub is a mirage 12''

Thanks

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
All, my magnepan ribbon wires coming lose have driven me to upgrade to Polk LSIM707's. But I'm curious if my current Denon AVR991 receiver is sufficient enough to drive them in that manner they were designed to be used. They arrive in less than 18 hours but wanted to get some thoughts from people more intelligent than I regarding high end audio. Thanks

Room size 10x20
Centers is B&W LCR3
Rears are B&W LM1's
Sub is a mirage 12''

Thanks
Should be fine, especially since you were driving Maggie's before.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, it says 8 Ohm nominal and 88dB sensitivity, so I'd say will be OK. If you expect high volumes, I'd probably consider a 2ch amp or monos for them, but for average listening I'd say it'll be fine.

S

sw1tchn1nja

Audiophyte
Thanks for the feedback....got them installed and they are noticeably louder than my maggies, letting my kids burn them in before I judge them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis