SVS PB 2000 trouble

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I was cleaning and took the cable out to move the sub and the RCA input came apart. Anyone had this happen?

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Do you mean that when you pulled out the RCA cable, the RCA jack was pulled out of the unit along with the cable?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Was it a screw locking style rca cable? I had that happen on a tv before on a component video rca input. On the tv the input post was able to slide back on.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Just connector. Waiting for SVS to get back to me. Sub is only 2+ years old and still under warranty. Other input works but it not LFE and it takes off resale value a lot.
Was it a screw locking style rca cable? I had that happen on a tv before on a component video rca input. On the tv the input post was able to slide back on.

Not a screw type but regular RCA type.

Attachments

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Is SVS reputation good? I heard they were good and I bought it new from them.:mad:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
That’s not unusual, had that very same thing happen to a amp I have. Instead of shipping back I just replaced RCA jack myself. If your handy with a soldering gun is fairly easy.

Mike

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
What it this soldering gun you speak of? Do you need government approval to own one?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
What it this soldering gun you speak of? Do you need government approval to own one?
If it's an automatic soldering gun it could be illegal for the ordinary citizen, I think only the electrical dept. at the Dept. of Defense can use them.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just connector. Waiting for SVS to get back to me. Sub is only 2+ years old and still under warranty. Other input works but it not LFE and it takes off resale value a lot.

That one of those famously tight Monster rca connectors?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

You can use the other input until resolved, just turn the crossover to the highest setting

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Don’t know what normal is but didn’t seem tight. Still works with other input but now,intermittent short deep bass sound.:eek:

I was happy with it until this.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well the good thing is SVS is a stand up company and they will take care of you!
Is SVS reputation good? I heard they were good and I bought it new from them.:mad:

SVS has an excellent reputation for customer service! You shouldn't have any trouble getting a straightforward solution.

However, one thing I have learned over the years is to always have my own plan of what they should do. Be reasonable, but you should not be inconvenienced more than needed. Let them suggest what to do (with SVS, I think they will offer a good solution); but if you don't like their plan, have your own plan B to suggest as an alternative.
Like I've said, I think SVS will do you right; but many companies approach it from the standpoint of minimizing their expense, so start with the solution that puts the burden (cost/effort) on you, with the aim of only giving you the minimum you will accept. If you offer a reasonable solution, IME, most companies won't try to chip away at your plan.

Be sure to let us know how they handle it!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

That type of RCA cable is awful, and in my view should not be used. I would say the fault lies with the cable manufacturer and not SVS.

I suspect that broken RCA female is part of a block of four.

Like this.

The central screw locks it to the chassis and then the pins solder to the circuit board.

Not likely a difficult repair, but probably not something attempt if you have not soldered before.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Well the good thing is SVS is a stand up company and they will take care of you!

SVS has an excellent reputation for customer service! You shouldn't have any trouble getting a straightforward solution.

However, one thing I have learned over the years is to always have my own plan of what they should do. Be reasonable, but you should not be inconvenienced more than needed. Let them suggest what to do (with SVS, I think they will offer a good solution); but if you don't like their plan, have your own plan B to suggest as an alternative.
Like I've said, I think SVS will do you right; but many companies approach it from the standpoint of minimizing their expense, so start with the solution that puts the burden (cost/effort) on you, with the aim of only giving you the minimum you will accept. If you offer a reasonable solution, IME, most companies won't try to chip away at your plan.

Be sure to let us know how they handle it!

I will. So far they’ve just played kick the can

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis