Audioholics Content being scraped

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
First they take the Whitehouse, now they're taking our AV Magazines!?!

Sadly, I don't think there is anything you can do other than what is recommended above from TLS. But that should at least, heavily restrict what audience can see that ripped content.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Gene,

Now that someone else is doing it I figured your site is now fair game. So I've decided to steal your content as well. My new site will be called: Scilohoidua.com I plan to take all your content and post it backwards. What's great about this idea is that folks will need a mirror to read it -- making the articles even more interesting. :eek:

Dawn

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
First they take the Whitehouse, now they're taking our AV Magazines!?!

Sadly, I don't think there is anything you can do other than what is recommended above from TLS. But that should at least, heavily restrict what audience can see that ripped content.
Nice job of making this political.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
there's no legal recourse?
If they are located in Russia, nope. Russians only care about who pays them the most money. There is no justice in russia right now, only who has the best connections/money.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
It's really disturbing that there's nothing that can be done. I feel badly for Gene. He works hard both running and supplying content to this board.

V

Victor rODRIGUEZ

Audioholic Intern
What you expected from the Russians??? they still think they are communists with what is not theirs

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene,

Now that someone else is doing it I figured your site is now fair game. So I've decided to steal your content as well. My new site will be called: Scilohoidua.com I plan to take all your content and post it backwards. What's great about this idea is that folks will need a mirror to read it -- making the articles even more interesting. :eek:

Dawn
it's also good for people that suffer from Dyslexia :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
it's also good for people that suffer from Dyslexia :)
Or Yoda.

I have an idea- Make Audioholics show up in a weird script that only those with the correct decryption can view properly. Embed ransomware and make them prove they're not malicious, for a fee. Or, use a redirector and send them to a site that only shows the movie 'Heidi'.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
You could always include some subliminal messages ... in Cyrillic of course ... in your videos. ;-)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis