New Panasonic UHD Blu-ray Player - the Next Oppo?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No DSD stands for Direct Stream Digital audio. It’s a high-resolution format that produces a high-resolution (lossless) audio signal. I was replying to sterling shoote question on post # 11 above.
I know what DSD stands for, it's used on SACDs. You said you hadn't tried DSD on DVD....what does that mean if you're not referring to DVD?

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
Sorry I'm a video engineer so I may have this wrong. But I believe Panasonic's UB9000 will decode and play DSD audio from a ripped DVD or streaming.

As you can see my reply to sterling shoote's question was "I believe the UB9000 will pay a DVD that was ripped with DSD audio" So yes we were referring to a ripped DVD with DSD audio.

From what I was told and know Panasonic's UB9000 is capable of playing all Hi Res lossless audio formats.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry I'm a video engineer so I may have this wrong. But I believe Panasonic's UB9000 will decode and play DSD audio from a ripped DVD or streaming.

As you can see my reply to sterling shoote's question was "I believe the UB9000 will pay a DVD that was ripped with DSD audio" So yes we were referring to a ripped DVD with DSD audio.

From what I was told and know Panasonic's UB9000 is capable of playing all Hi Res lossless audio formats.
Yah, misread Sterling's post about downloading DSD to burn onto a DVD disc (was thinking that he had referred to his SACD collection). I'll trust Sterling that he's already been able to burn a DVD with DSD....whether the player can handle that is a good question, tho it makes sense that the player probably doesn't care what media DSD is presented on....

Now, about that comment that the player should be better for DAC....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you believe there equals, and to get get the best audio from movies should I use 7.1 analog or the hdmi audio out? Thank you. I'm still in audio quality training. Even though I have been a audioholic for years .
FWIW really depends on the analog section of the player vs whatever you can connect to digitally....and the difference is likely to be extremely small.

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
Our first allocation of Panasonic's new UB820 with the exclusive HDR Optimizer will begin shipping Monday, July 30!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Please check the sound level of the mechanism while reading the disc.
I'd be surprised that it would be a problem at this price point, but I returned the last Panasonic unit I tried because of the noisy transport.

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
If you are in the UK Panasonic's latest firmware update should have fixed the noisy optical drive.

We'll test our shipment on Monday and get back here.

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
@Lil klipsch, Here's what the UB820 has vs.the UB900:

- Dolby Vision HDR, (via firmware update by end of October or sooner)

- HDR10+ capable now

- HDR Optimizer ready now. Give you the ability to set the BD player to match your TV or projectors peak luminance so BD discs and streaming will not clip the bright details. With the Optimizer set to match your TVs luminance you see all of the detail in the sky and it's smoothly gradated.

L

Lil klipsch

Junior Audioholic
@Lil klipsch, Here's what the UB820 has vs.the UB900:

- Dolby Vision HDR, (via firmware update by end of October or sooner)

- HDR10+ capable now

- HDR Optimizer ready now. Give you the ability to set the BD player to match your TV or projectors peak luminance so BD discs and streaming will not clip the bright details. With the Optimizer set to match your TVs luminance you see all of the detail in the sky and it's smoothly gradated.
That's what I'm talking about

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
Thanks Lil!

Oops, left out AI Voice Control, Alexa and of Google Play.

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
Busy day today at Value Electronics! We received our 1st allocation of Panasonic's new UB820 BD player and double boxed and shipped all of our clients orders.

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
Yes we staged all of the pre-orders in front of our showroom to have the room for double boxing, packing and p/u.
Here's a couple additional pics of our packing and shipping process.

This is the 2nd shipment waiting for p/u we filled the first Fed Ex truck.

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
Samsung is the only TV manufacturer supporting HDR10+ and it's expected to be upgraded shortly.

L

Lil klipsch

Junior Audioholic
Yes we staged all of the pre-orders in front of our showroom to have the room for double boxing, packing and p/u.
Here's a couple additional pics of our packing and shipping process.

This is the 2nd shipment waiting for p/u we filled the first Fed Ex truck.
Awesome, is there gonna be a significant difference between 820and 9000

DTV TiVo Dealer

DTV TiVo Dealer

Audioholic
Mostly in the audio section and DACs and the build quality.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis