B

Buerstrekker

Audiophyte
Hello everybody. I new to this forum, but it sounds like there are a lot of smart people here. I have a question to start with that will probably sound very stupid to most of you, but here goes. I have the Yamaha RX-A1010 receiver and used to have a graphic EQ connected to it. I had to disconnect everything to move components around. Now comes the really stupid part; I forgot to label the cables from the EQ to the receiver. Now I can't for the life of me figure out where to re-connect the EQ to the receiver. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd be curious how you had that hooked up before, too. That receiver doesn't have a tape or processor loop for you to insert an eq in. Do you use an external amp? You could insert one between the avr and amp. What graphic eq is it?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
What loving said. In addition to not having a tape loop, there is no pre out / main jacks that would allow connection of an outboard equalizer. About the only way you could use it would be between a source component (like a CD player) and the Yamaha’s input.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis