Disappointments with new AVR

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Denon discontinued this X1400H receiver today. It's been replaced with the X1500H on their website.

I have initiated a return for the following reasons:
1) Bluetooth will not discover on new 1 year old HP computer running Windows10. It's incompatible.
2) Screen-casting to a Roku (in AVR's MediaPlayer HDMI) yields very loud screechy audio... with static for silence. Same Roku screen-casts flawless in my bedroom TV.
3) AVR queue permanently jams up when an incoming call interupts AirPlay. Using latest iPhone and OS.
4) AVR will not reliably play MP3 from a thumb drive. Playback stops at random intervals, never is same place. Sometimes it resumes on it's own... sometimes not.
5) AVR is slow to respond to user no matter what interface is used.
6) Denon AVR Remote slow to respond and disconnects if you change the volume too fast, or do anything too fast.
Wow!
That's an impressive list!
Disappointing that Denon did this (be it bad design, defective, or missed when reconditioned; it is Denon that is responsible)!

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Boy, if everyone on this thread dogpiled on Denon like you dog-piled on me these babies would be pimpin'.
I'm talking to you guys because manufacturers don't built things the way they want to, they build the way the buyer wants it built. This IS the right place to discuss this.
As for the research preaching, I have been on this forum for 1 month discussing this system. It was an Audioholics recommendation. I have read all the specs multiple times and compared it to others. NOW, how many of you knew this about me and my Denon from their research, and how many are just reading it now?
And you auditioned it when and operated the controls how often before you bought?

Reviews by others and advice from others generally gets you a unit liked (or disliked) by others. Trouble is, you actually want a unit liked by you and your wife, and you didn't do anything to find that specific answer.

This should be a lesson learned, so that your next purchase goes perfectly. Instead you take it personally and down-mark posts from people who are genuinely trying to help you (not that I care ... feel free to do the same to this post. It lets others know not to bother trying to help).

Excuse me, I thought I was talking to an adult.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis