paradigm perfect bass Kit and Monitor 12 Sub is it worth it and Does it work?

W

Willard46

Audiophyte
paradigm perfect bass Kit and Monitor 12 Sub is it worth it and Does it work?

2nd How does the Onkyo rz 620 rate - should I pay more for the THX in a small room 11 x 14 ft - How does The Onkyo Rz Series Fair up to denon my dealers says denon is not what they use to be, Tell About anthem that paradigm makes is it worth the 3500 bucks small room 1000 dollar receiver what your choice?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Id start by listing your current setup make and model, distance to the the main seat, overall goal and budget.

What do you mean does it work?

I wouldn't put much stock at all in what you have been told by the salespersons you have spoken with.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, if a dealer is "advising" that Denon isn't what it used to be, what do they have to say about Onkyo? LOL. What Denon do you have? THX doesn't mean a whole lot but not sure what you're referring to. I've read nice things about people who've used the Paradigm PBK sub eq program but never used it or its relative ARC myself. Not the same sub model, but some comments on the PBK here https://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=69&mset=75
and here https://archimago.blogspot.com/2014/01/room-measurements-first-steps-stereo.html

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
Anthem is solid, as always stated, amps should all sound the same, anthem is another animal. arc is top notch, maybe that's why anthem sounds soo...sweet...I cant comment on the $3500, but I will say if your budget allows, I'd seriously look into them. What model are you looking at?

W

Willard46

Audiophyte
What do you mean does it work? <<<<

What I ments is how well does it work - I have desided to not get it as I have my system sounding pretty good now - I had a denon in my last to recievers - and got use to some of the audyssey features - but this Onkyo is more powerful sounding - I wanted to know about Anthem because ot there room correction and I like paradigm - Problem is they are expesive - just picking your brains - Sales men says denon has gotten cheap - says Te RZ is better now - I am sure they all have there duds - any sugestions on 4k dvd blue ray players?

I am looking at the
Sony UBP-X700
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi® How is it anyone know?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

What I ments is how well does it work - I have desided to not get it as I have my system sounding pretty good now - I had a denon in my last to recievers - and got use to some of the audyssey features - but this Onkyo is more powerful sounding - I wanted to know about Anthem because ot there room correction and I like paradigm - Problem is they are expesive - just picking your brains - Sales men says denon has gotten cheap - says Te RZ is better now - I am sure they all have there duds - any sugestions on 4k dvd blue ray players?

I am looking at the
Sony UBP-X700
Id get an OPPO before cease production.

As for the onkyo glad your enjoying it. FYI your dealer maybe pushing them for financial reasons ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

I am looking at the
Sony UBP-X700
How did you determine the Onkyo sounded more powerful? Using the same speakers? By the number on the volume dial or ?

Onkyo dropped Audyssey a while back as a cost cutting measure. They also had some extreme problems a few years back with hdmi/network board issues, which they did fix, but probably cost a fair bit. They've also taken on the home electronics div of Pioneer Electronics as well. Their parent company is under financial pressure. Check this out https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/tcl-has-obtained-the-rights-to-use-onkyo-brand-for-video-products.111054/

W

Willard46

Audiophyte
How did you determine the Onkyo sounded more powerful? Using the same speakers? By the number on the volume dial or ?

Onkyo dropped Audyssey a while back as a cost cutting measure. They also had some extreme problems a few years back with hdmi/network board issues, which they did fix, but probably cost a fair bit. They've also taken on the home electronics div of Pioneer Electronics as well. Their parent company is under financial pressure. Check this out https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/tcl-has-obtained-the-rights-to-use-onkyo-brand-for-video-products.111054/
Volume - Bass - Voice in Dolby - Had to put my old denon avr 1910 in 5 channels stereo to hear it - iF I turn the center up it sounded to horny sounding - I have paradigm all the way around minis front , cc-290 enter - adp-190 surrounds had a ps1000 - but now have monitor 12 sub and just cot atomos Onkoy 410s Not The Best just starters - I do not get the coming from the ceiling but does add son invisibility to the thing.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What Is OPPO??
Volume - Bass - Voice in Dolby - Had to put my old denon avr 1910 in 5 channels stereo to hear it - iF I turn the center up it sounded to horny sounding - I have paradigm all the way around minis front , cc-290 enter - adp-190 surrounds had a ps1000 - but now have monitor 12 sub and just cot atomos Onkoy 410s Not The Best just starters - I do not get the coming from the ceiling but does add son invisibility to the thing.
Oppo universal disc players are very good, particularly their analog audio sections and feature set, but they recently announced (April 2) they were ceasing production (streaming is winning). Their sister company is the fourth largest cell phone maker.

I ordered an Oppo 203 as soon as I saw the announcement, sort of a I may as well give it a whirl while you can thing. While it's a very nice unit, they have dropped streaming apps which were included in the previous generation and they won't play or manipulate quite as many formats with the current models (but current models are 4k/Atmos/HDR capable). Their analog output features are better than most, but I connect digitally. I've used other bluray/dvd/cd players and am leaning towards the side that it's not worth the cost difference for me (latest models 203 retailed for $550, the 205 for $1300), and might be returning mine. While the build quality does seem quite good it isn't perfect.

Might peruse these threads
https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/oppo-205-203.110492/#post-1244153

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/oppo-to-wind-down-and-cease-manufacturing.110906/page-8#post-1243660

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis