Accessories4less now has Polk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just noticed that A4L has also picked up Polk.

It wasn't long ago that they added Focal, KEF, Pioneer, and Integra.

It is neat to watch a well run distribution outfit like them capture more and more of the market (for refurb/closeouts).
In fairness, I should point out that they no longer have Mordant Short as a supplier.

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Well said, I am Polk fan, with that said I would agree with you their LSiM's are pretty good sounding speakers as where the LSi's. The other lines are a good " value speaker" so to speak. Their service is outstanding they back their products been around for decades. But better speaker's are out there for about the same coin.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Well said, I am Polk fan, with that said I would agree with you their LSiM's are pretty good sounding speakers as where the LSi's. The other lines are a good " value speaker" so to speak. Their service is outstanding they back their products been around for decades. But better speaker's are out there for about the same coin.
Let's put it this way, I consider LSI and LSi/M at 1/2 their retail prices are great speakers at good price.
At full retail they are way overpriced and have tons of competition which is as good and costs less.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
LOL, I figured you did the "funny" emoticon because I chose a large image that makes you scroll down to get from one end to the other (emphasizing the 5' dimension).:)

But if you are limited to <16" wide and <4" deep, you've got to get the required volume from somewhere and height is all you have left!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
@KEW, I have seen some far out things done with subs as I am sure no doubt you have to.
But that wall you found got me thinking of the possibilities of a couple of those in the system. Say put two in your wall, paint the wall so it pretty much is not noticeable at all. Than say you have company come over stand someone right next to one and say you have your unit cranked up for just a sub phase test with the volume up high...lolo.. imagine the possibilities of them jumping out of their shorts.lolo. I have a funny sense of humor with this hobby sometimes and sometimes this hobby really pisses me off. I do see you point with the height thing. But KEW, just how practical a in-wall sub that huge would be? Wouldn't phase issues with the sub in the wall be a bit of a problem with vibration?. My lil 10" sub already vibrates the sofa and the wall behind the sofa causing issues with vibrations I can only imagine what wall subs would do, nails and sheetrock, may start peeling off the walls..o_O

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I don't have much knowledge of in-wall stuff, but you would cut the sheet rock back to middle of the stud on both sides, install the sub, and place the sheetrock back over the sub (except the port and driver - I assume it comes with a grill (usually metal and you can paint).
I would use construction adhesive (Liquid Nails) everywhere I could and especially for the sheet of sheet rock that goes on top of it!
I'm not sure about phase issues, but I suspect you would get a good amount of room gain.:)

A good in-wall system can make a huge difference in making the best use of space in a small room and it looks slick in any room!

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
That actually looks really nice! Yeah I could see where it is practical, very clean didn't notice the subwoofer in the corner in the wall at first thanks for sharing that KEW.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Let's put it this way, I consider LSI and LSi/M at 1/2 their retail prices are great speakers at good price.
At full retail they are way overpriced and have tons of competition which is as good and costs less.
LSis had excellent highs and really unimpressive midrange for the price. I was not impressed with them. They've fixed that with the LSi/Ms but they're still overpriced.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The situation is there are a lot of good speakers that are over-priced cough-(Paradigm)-cough, but if we start looking at a 40% or greater discount, that changes the market dramatically.
I'm waiting for A4L to pick up Paradigm, Revel, Monitor Audio, Legacy, Salon, Martin-Logan, PSB, Velodyne, Parasound, etc. They all make nice stuff! However, at full price, I don't have to look far to find better for less.

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
@KEW, sure wish A4L would pick up those lines. I live on a budget so like many others with this hobby my hopes of picking up a pair of entry level audiophile Tower speakers I am always watching out for that killer deal. I had a pair of Paradigms back in the early 90s I picked up for 1,699. which where over prices than. Legacys, I still drool over the ones that have the two 10-inch woofers in them. At 20 g's a pair just to rich for my blood.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I don't have much knowledge of in-wall stuff, but you would cut the sheet rock back to middle of the stud on both sides, install the sub, and place the sheetrock back over the sub (except the port and driver - I assume it comes with a grill (usually metal and you can paint).
I would use construction adhesive (Liquid Nails) everywhere I could and especially for the sheet of sheet rock that goes on top of it!
I'm not sure about phase issues, but I suspect you would get a good amount of room gain.:)

A good in-wall system can make a huge difference in making the best use of space in a small room and it looks slick in any room!

My 7.4.4 atmos install is all in-wall/ceiling and it sounds fantastic. I hadn't had experience with SpeakerCraft, but I'm glad I went with them.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
What say you guys, about Canton GLE496's, can pick up a pair for 650 new from accessories4less. I running Polk M70 Series 2 now. Would they be a good upgrade over the POLK M70's? Would really like a pair of Martin Logan 40s but at 2 g's a pair have to save up for them. Thing I like about the GLE 496 are the build quality obviously is better than the M70s the 8" drivers in the GLE 496's anyone know about the crossover used in them?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Have not heard those Cantons, but I'd say they'll be an upgrade without question. You have a lot of choices at $650/pr.

D

Derek Remmick

Enthusiast
What say you guys, about Canton GLE496's, can pick up a pair for 650 new from accessories4less. I running Polk M70 Series 2 now. Would they be a good upgrade over the POLK M70's? Would really like a pair of Martin Logan 40s but at 2 g's a pair have to save up for them. Thing I like about the GLE 496 are the build quality obviously is better than the M70s the 8" drivers in the GLE 496's anyone know about the crossover used in them?

Do you not like the Polk M70 series?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Do you have a sub?
I expect the GLE 496's are good for what they cost, the two pairs of Canton's I have are both great values (as bought at A4L prices). However, the Vento 520.2 clearly outclasses the Chrono 502.2 and I believe the Chrono is above the GLE series in the Canton hierarchy.
I consider the Chrono very good for the price, but the Vento beats them across the board and is probably the best sound quality you can buy for under $1000 right now!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis