Replacement Marantz AVR wireless antenna?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Is this a generic item I can pick up from a computer store or does Marantz use a proprietary terminal?
Suggestions on where to get one?
A Google search turned up a Yamaha antenna for $6. Would it work?
TIA!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Is this a generic item I can pick up from a computer store or does Marantz use a proprietary terminal?
Suggestions on where to get one?
A Google search turned up a Yamaha antenna for $6. Would it work?
TIA!

I dunno, but if it were me, I would be tempted to scavenge one off an old wifi router to give it a shot. I don't think it would harm anything, and it may work. But, follow that advice at your own risk ;):p;)

Every piece of gear that I have torn apart to scavenge, it "seems" to me that the connector was always the same on this type of antenna. But, I don't think I've ever actually used a scavenged antenna on a different piece of gear.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I dunno, but if it were me, I would be tempted to scavenge one off an old wifi router to give it a shot. I don't think it would harm anything, and it may work. But, follow that advice at your own risk ;):p;)

Every piece of gear that I have torn apart to scavenge, it "seems" to me that the connector was always the same on this type of antenna. But, I don't think I've ever actually used a scavenged antenna on a different piece of gear.
This. As far as I can tell they are "regular" wifi antenna so any should work just fine.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
you might need to go "straight to the horses mouth" (Marantz) and good luck with that!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
you might need to go "straight to the horses mouth" (Marantz) and good luck with that!
That is what I want to avoid. Figure if I can get the answer here that would be better.

I pulled one off the back of my desktop PC and will see if it works. Before I order a couple. I assume one would work okay even though it has 2.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis