Minidsp vs behringer NU1000dsp?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
About fed up with the Audyssey app, it keeps giving me crazy distance and trim settings and it keeps reading the -3dB point on my sub as 30hz, rolling it off at 6dB an octave starting at 40hz, resulting in very thin sounding bass. (it actually measures -3dB @ 25hz without correction). The receiver calibrates it correctly and gives a relatively flat bass response, but unfortunately there’s no way to limit the correction to 200hz, and it changes the timbre of my speakers in a bad way (the speakers actually measure pretty flat above 200hz at the MLP without Audyssey).

The amount of LF correction I need is pretty small, the biggest problem is a 5dB peak at 50hz that’s about 1/3 octave wide. My sub doesn’t have an lfe input, and the maximum setting for the crossover is 140hz, using an nu1000dsp would allow me to defeat that, it also has a PEQ in the DSP settings, which would allow me to get rid of that dip, along with offering a bit more headroom than the built in 150w amp. The price difference between the minidsp and the nu1000 is minimal.

Any reason to pick the minidsp over the Behringer amp?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not touching your interpretation of Audyssey results but as far as minidsp vs the dsp in the iNukes, as far as I know they're fairly similar in capabilities. The minidsp is far quieter, tho :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis