Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You ever listen to Nothing More or Five Finger Death Punch?
I have a hard time getting into FFDP. They're another band I really wanna like, but they're a little too polished and formulaic for me I think. Maybe a new singer would help those guys. Haven't heard Nothing More.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The apartments around mine have been empty and I've been pouring this sweet sweet subwoofer candy on me all afternoon.

Not having to visit relatives on Thanksgiving has its benefits :cool:.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The apartments around mine have been empty and I've been pouring this sweet sweet subwoofer candy on me all afternoon.

Not having to visit relatives on Thanksgiving has its benefits :cool:.
I love this thread.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a great dubstep remix of a classic rave tune: Ed Solo - Age of Dub. For those who weren't in the hip crowd that many decades ago, Age of Love was one of the earliest big hits of the trance subgenre of techno. It has its own wikipedia page. A great tune that helped to branch off a brand of techno that was a lot trippier, with a lot more electronic bleeping and blooping noises than the stark percussion and squelchy basslines of raw techno. Age of Love has been remixed many, many times (here is the original for those who are curious). I really like the Ed Solo version because it gives the subs something to do, with the fundamental alone reaching nearly -6 dB from a full scale signal.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a crazy little tune I just stumbled onto: Dark Web Sketches - Golden Living Room. I don't know what genre this really is. Something inbetween hip-hop and vaporwave? It is an amusing, funny tune, whatever it is, for those of us with an open mind and a sense of humor.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm going to do a twofer today because I am been in a nostalgic mood, musically speaking, at least for old skool techno, and here are some gems that I remember fondly from that era.

Here is an old skool house tune with a pretty impressive bass line when you consider it was produced in 1991: Egma - Let the Bass Kick. Great vintage techno music! With a meaty bassline that digs down to the low 30's, which is pretty much unheard of for that time period and music genre. It still sounds great today.

Here is another great from the old skool with a nice thick bassline: Skin Up - Blockbusters. This tune is known by a few different names since it released multiple times. The beginning has a sample from a popular British gameshow that turns it into a drug reference. Supposedly when the Gameshow host heard the tune, he thought it was funny use of his show. The bassline is not quite as thick as I remember, probably because most of the times I heard this was when running the bass hot in my car system. The tune still sounds fantastic to my ears though. Run the bass very hot to get the full effect!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is another tune from Lorn: Unraveled. This is one of the few guys using deep bass for actual music purpose. This one digs very deep, lots of energy in the teens. That lingering extreme deep bass is used as a subtle decay for the bass line which occurs at around 30 Hz. Very cinematic tune, it looks like this one was used for a video game sound track. A tune this mellow but yet so heavy is best played at late night hours.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a fun d'n'b tune that I discovered recently, another one from Current Value - Wide Awake. Not really a deep digging bass line, but fun with a punchy kick drum. I just like the sound of it!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a classic dupstep remix of La Roux's Bulletproof. I wouldn't be surprised if the dubstep remix of her stuff actually ended up being more popular than the original recordings. I do like the original recordings too, but hey, this is a thread about beating up our subwoofers, and this remix will do that. Play it loud!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a nice retro tune that is a tribute to the classic 80's arcade game Outrun, a great old racing game. I stumbled on to this tune by accident, and coincidentally I actually played an original Outrun arcade machine just a few weeks ago at an amazing arcade just west of Chicago called Galloping Ghost. If you have an affinity for vintage arcade games and are ever near the Chicago area, you absolutely owe it to yourself to drop by this place.

The tune itself has a nicely pulsating bassline and is fun to listen to. I looked up the car pictured in the video, it was made in 1971 and is called the Porsche Tapiro. I would never have guessed it was a Porsche, because it looks very Italian. That is no coincidence, since Porsche brought in an Italian designer to make it. It was a one-off prototype, but some Spanish guy bought it and used it as his daily driver. Sadly, some people who didn't care for it's owner's labor policies actually blew up this one-of-a-kind car as an act of protest.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis